CNN Anchor

Jonah Hill Treated

Me Like 'The Help'

11/9/2012 7:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

110912_lemon_cnnCNN anchor Don Lemon says Jonah Hill is a rude, arrogant a-hole who treated him like "the help" when he tried to shake the actor's hand during a recent run-in at a hotel ... and now he's trashing the actor to anyone who will listen.

For the past 24 hours, a very bitter Lemon has been on a mission to blast Hill across multiple media platforms ... starting on Twitter ... and ending on "Starting Point with Soledad O'Brien."

It all began yesterday ... when Lemon tweeted, "Said hi to @jonahhill in hotel. Think he thought i was bellman. Didn't know his name til bellman told me. A lesson to always be kind."

Hill -- clearly upset -- fired back, "I said hi what do you want me to do move in with you? I was in a hurry. Didn't realize you were a 12 year old girl. Peace."

Jonah added, "I walked out of the restroom and found you waiting for me. Shook hands, said hi and was on my way. Sorry if you found that rude."

The two continued to cyber-spar ... until Don went on CNN this morning to further exploit the feud and said, "Jonah Hill doesn't owe me anything, and he may have been having a bad day ... but Jonah Hill treated me like the help."

Lemon admits Hill DID shake his hand during the exchange ... but it was a "wet handshake" ... clearly not up to Lemon's standards.

"Normally it doesn’t bother me, but I was done ... because I’d been taught by mother to always be kind to people," Lemon said.

Don also said he expected an apology from Jonah. Don't hold your breath.

Eventually, one of the members of the CNN panel suggested a solution --a smokeout -- adding, "Your love of marijuana could bring you guys together."

the_truth

So since I'm in the industry, I'll share a story about Mr. Lemons -- he's not always as "nice" as he expected Jonah to be to a complete stranger. I think someone else who posted on here hit it square on the head when they said he expects to be known outside of his news community -- because he's not. I was at an event and there were tv/film celebrities in attendance and he was totally ignored by them and other fans that were around. He then begin to "pout" a bit and started randomly trashing people with his little group. I don't think he knew overheard their conversation. It was very "Sweet Valley High". Get over yourself, Don.

Meme

His panties are in a bunch over nothing.

Crackhead

Don, acting like a 12 year old girl is not good for your career. Stop it.

John303

Jonah Hill is the biggest (no pun intended) D BAG of life

John303

Jonah Hill is the biggest (no pun intended) D BAG of life!!!

sgm

Shut Up! You are not important either one of you!

Jim in Cali

This Lemon guy is such a tool. Another media clown who thinks the world revolves around him. Total douche

diane

What's with black people? They always think someone is out to get them. Man up don

woodin

Jonah, like you on CNN but this whole matter and whining is totally unbecoming a queen.

TheEric

I wouldn't know who this guy was either. Sounds like Don's buthurt because he didn't get fawned over.

Jesus Chrisko

Wow give me a break, first you didnt know his name but expected a handshake from him and expected him to know who you are ? and then you play the racist card.?....THA fcuk outta here bruh! You're a nobody anchor compareing yourself to a movie actor. WTF did you expect. Whats worse is you're trying to tell your sob story to the world as if we need to feel sorry for you.

lookItsMegRyan

Jonah Hill hangs out with Brent Ratner who likes to drive around throwing water balloons at the homeless and is a homophobe. I don't doubt it for a second.

DaveT

I'm thinkin' I wouldn't really want to shake a celebs hand on their way out from the bathroom

WTF

Full on whiney gay rant. He sounds like an angry teenage girl

Tom Liebengood

Girls, neither of you is that important! Snap out of it!