CNN Anchor

Jonah Hill Treated

Me Like 'The Help'

11/9/2012 7:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

110912_lemon_cnnCNN anchor Don Lemon says Jonah Hill is a rude, arrogant a-hole who treated him like "the help" when he tried to shake the actor's hand during a recent run-in at a hotel ... and now he's trashing the actor to anyone who will listen.

For the past 24 hours, a very bitter Lemon has been on a mission to blast Hill across multiple media platforms ... starting on Twitter ... and ending on "Starting Point with Soledad O'Brien."

It all began yesterday ... when Lemon tweeted, "Said hi to @jonahhill in hotel. Think he thought i was bellman. Didn't know his name til bellman told me. A lesson to always be kind."

Hill -- clearly upset -- fired back, "I said hi what do you want me to do move in with you? I was in a hurry. Didn't realize you were a 12 year old girl. Peace."

Jonah added, "I walked out of the restroom and found you waiting for me. Shook hands, said hi and was on my way. Sorry if you found that rude."

The two continued to cyber-spar ... until Don went on CNN this morning to further exploit the feud and said, "Jonah Hill doesn't owe me anything, and he may have been having a bad day ... but Jonah Hill treated me like the help."

Lemon admits Hill DID shake his hand during the exchange ... but it was a "wet handshake" ... clearly not up to Lemon's standards.

"Normally it doesn’t bother me, but I was done ... because I’d been taught by mother to always be kind to people," Lemon said.

Don also said he expected an apology from Jonah. Don't hold your breath.

Eventually, one of the members of the CNN panel suggested a solution --a smokeout -- adding, "Your love of marijuana could bring you guys together."

jared phillips

The hell is wrong with this guy? Jonah shook his hand what more does he want? What a sensitive pos.

Jericho Morton

I don't think the smokeout would be a good match. Jonah Hill is a gargantuan obese facial hair wanter. He has been trying to grow it forever to cover his garden umbrella sized throat gobble. He just continues to swell up as he slams food into his greedy selfish fat face.

"In a time of famine, a man who steals bread is not treated like a thief" - Cat Stevens

Acorr234

Obviously this guy is angry because Jonah hill didnt recognize him. Why would Jonah do anything MORE than say hello and give a handshake? I'm not seeing this dudes reasoning behind his claim...

BOHOE

So Lemon is not only a pot head but a chubby chaser too......... run Jonah ....run ....if you can

BOHOE

Tyler Perry just purchased the movie rights to Don Lemon's story. The film's working title is BIG MOMA 15 LEMON JUSTICE - Tyler Perry will play the roles of Big Mama and Jonha Hill - Halle Berry has been cast to play the role of Don Lemmon ,Whoopi Goldberg will play t Don Lemon's mother and Chris Brown will be cast as the Bellman .......

R. Stephens

Who put the race card in the deck? Not a minority. 200 years of racial inequality (albeit greatly improved) can make some minorities a bit sensative. Did anyone ask Jonah Hill if he thought Don Lemon was the help? If he did, do you think he would admit it? Maybe we shouldn"t be too quick to assume or judge either side.

lebonne

Don lemon creeps the heck out of me. He is like a wax statue. Ick.

Realist

Welcome to the United States of the Race Card, where if you don't fall to your knees in praise of a black man with an inflated sense of self worth, you're a racist.

Noel

Who the hell is Jonah Hill...and by the way, who the hell is Don Lemon?

Can't you girls get your panties on and act like proper ladies? sheesh.

Connecticut Sam

Don is a S*** bag.

Bruno

Am I suppose to know who this Don person is?

pam

who is this guy Jonah? and I must say I do not think any 12 year old girls would look once, I thought he sounded kind of weird , and talk about having gay issues? he does

wasted days and wasted nights

I think they could get along with some help.

Rodney

Just your average gay drama queen...Nothing to See Here

WTF

OMG YOU'RE CONTRADICTING YOURSELF. YOU SAY YOUR MOM TAUGHT YOU TO BE KIND BUT YOUR TRASHING SOMEONE ON TV!!!!