CNN Anchor

Jonah Hill Treated

Me Like 'The Help'

11/9/2012 7:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

110912_lemon_cnnCNN anchor Don Lemon says Jonah Hill is a rude, arrogant a-hole who treated him like "the help" when he tried to shake the actor's hand during a recent run-in at a hotel ... and now he's trashing the actor to anyone who will listen.

For the past 24 hours, a very bitter Lemon has been on a mission to blast Hill across multiple media platforms ... starting on Twitter ... and ending on "Starting Point with Soledad O'Brien."

It all began yesterday ... when Lemon tweeted, "Said hi to @jonahhill in hotel. Think he thought i was bellman. Didn't know his name til bellman told me. A lesson to always be kind."

Hill -- clearly upset -- fired back, "I said hi what do you want me to do move in with you? I was in a hurry. Didn't realize you were a 12 year old girl. Peace."

Jonah added, "I walked out of the restroom and found you waiting for me. Shook hands, said hi and was on my way. Sorry if you found that rude."

The two continued to cyber-spar ... until Don went on CNN this morning to further exploit the feud and said, "Jonah Hill doesn't owe me anything, and he may have been having a bad day ... but Jonah Hill treated me like the help."

Lemon admits Hill DID shake his hand during the exchange ... but it was a "wet handshake" ... clearly not up to Lemon's standards.

"Normally it doesn’t bother me, but I was done ... because I’d been taught by mother to always be kind to people," Lemon said.

Don also said he expected an apology from Jonah. Don't hold your breath.

Eventually, one of the members of the CNN panel suggested a solution --a smokeout -- adding, "Your love of marijuana could bring you guys together."

Previous 15 Comments | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17

Pat

Don you are suppose to make deliver the news,, not make news. You look really bad guy...
Silly and inmature.
First of all ...who in the heck do you think want to touch your hand in the bathroom????
Get over it before CNN kicks you to the curb..
You will really feel like the help...

Dana

The "he treated me like the help" part is a bit conceited. Who is he to feel he deserves better treatment than "the help"?

jessup

Don works for CNN. He is the hired help. Race baiter !

Julies

Don Lemon : Wake-up! Do you have a boss?

YOU are "The Help".

and a *****.

cari

Don Lemon is an insecure self absorbed idiot. He treats coanchors horribly and is rude to many guests. I find watching him on CNN unbearable, so I change the channel when he is on. His twitter rant shows an incredible immaturity and his feeling he was treated like "help" just shows how insecure he is about himself, because people who say things like that are clearly projecting. Grow up Don. I hope your days at CNN are numbered now.

JJ

Don needs to get a damn grip. Crying like a baby and playing the race card (that is the way the comment comes off to me) is the lowest of the low. Grow a pair and get over it.

James

No Don, the "Help" would have carried his bags. The only thing you carry is a chip on your shoulder for anyone who doesn't recognize you as the narcissist anchor man from CNN.

Do us all a favor and loosen your skirt.

elaine Sekerman

What a drip! I wouldn't know Don Lemon if he came up and spit on me. He's got some real "fame" issues, or I should say "non-fame issues.

LAPartyMcSage

CNN talking heads don't fall under the category of universally recognizable celebs. So Lemon was incensed that Hill did not know who he was. That's what this was about.

Munchie

Come on Don, man upp men don't carrry on like that !

Heights8

I like Don Lemon very much....I couldn't care less if he is gay. I like the way he reports the news and I like his personality and the image he projects. He's also a dish....(in Canada that's a very good thing). :-)

Heights8

I really like Don Lemon - the way he reports and just the way he comes across.

Frank

What do ya'll think about the series "Amos & Andy" series?

Previous 15 Comments | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17