CNN Anchor

Jonah Hill Treated

Me Like 'The Help'

11/9/2012 7:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

110912_lemon_cnnCNN anchor Don Lemon says Jonah Hill is a rude, arrogant a-hole who treated him like "the help" when he tried to shake the actor's hand during a recent run-in at a hotel ... and now he's trashing the actor to anyone who will listen.

For the past 24 hours, a very bitter Lemon has been on a mission to blast Hill across multiple media platforms ... starting on Twitter ... and ending on "Starting Point with Soledad O'Brien."

It all began yesterday ... when Lemon tweeted, "Said hi to @jonahhill in hotel. Think he thought i was bellman. Didn't know his name til bellman told me. A lesson to always be kind."

Hill -- clearly upset -- fired back, "I said hi what do you want me to do move in with you? I was in a hurry. Didn't realize you were a 12 year old girl. Peace."

Jonah added, "I walked out of the restroom and found you waiting for me. Shook hands, said hi and was on my way. Sorry if you found that rude."

The two continued to cyber-spar ... until Don went on CNN this morning to further exploit the feud and said, "Jonah Hill doesn't owe me anything, and he may have been having a bad day ... but Jonah Hill treated me like the help."

Lemon admits Hill DID shake his hand during the exchange ... but it was a "wet handshake" ... clearly not up to Lemon's standards.

"Normally it doesn’t bother me, but I was done ... because I’d been taught by mother to always be kind to people," Lemon said.

Don also said he expected an apology from Jonah. Don't hold your breath.

Eventually, one of the members of the CNN panel suggested a solution --a smokeout -- adding, "Your love of marijuana could bring you guys together."

hummm

bitter much Lemon?

loungecat

Don't know Lemon but Hill's supposedly a 5-star pr^ck, lotta stories about his tantrums & production delays

BOHOE

I feel so bad for Don........ treated like the help & a wet handshake........ when will this madness end ...
The world is laughing at you fool

boohoo

get the hell over it loser

Dori

Don Lemon needs to get off Twitter and start acting a little more dignified. He has a sweet job on CNN and is making himself and CNN look stupid.

NOT ELMO

Don should date Anderson...............i Approve!

TheRealJerseyShore

Does anybody even watch CNN. Never heard of this guy before. Jonah on the other hand is very funny. I also don't understand these comments.

What were you done with? Stalking someone whose name you supposedly didn't know until the bellboy told you his name. Your mother might have taught you to be kind to people but she clearly didn't teach you to never tell a lie. This tool needs to get a life!!! I would love it if Jonah called into the show and just ripped to idiot a new one.

Keksi

When life hands you (no pun intended) lemons....just ignore them and walk by.

Javadude54

Stalking a celebrity outside a bathroom? Creepy.

DrSqueeze

Who does Don Lemon think he is? He reminds of one of these people who says" do you know who you're talking to?" Jonah said hellow & shook your hand after you WAITED for him outside of a bathroom. Enough already about how YOU feel about it or what YOU think would have been appropo...who knows what goes on inside your head. Check you psychosis at the door...

DStep

this Lemon guy is an idiot. Get over it, what is he suppose to kiss his feet as he leaves the bathroom. Never even heard of him anyway.

happypat35

My first thought was is this Lemon guy gay? Reading more into, Jonah said "what else do you want, to sleep over at my place"....hmmmmm. Either way, Lemon is acting like an emotional teenage girl.

nyc44th

Such petty BS . . and playing all this out on a social network is REALLY stupid. I don't get this whole Twitter BS and how people play their whole lives out for all to see. But a news anchor exploiting his power of TV news show for a personal pulpit to bicker a personal issue is REALLY REALLY out of line. Lost respect for this guy.

Areader

This is nothing more than your typical gay guy hissy fit!

AC

I have seen reviews with Hill and he always seems stand offish. That is just how he feels. The fact that Don Lemon makes the whole ordeal about race is so messed up. I'm sick of white people getting accused of BS. I could go on but I'll save the tissues for latter.