CNN Anchor

Jonah Hill Treated

Me Like 'The Help'

11/9/2012 7:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

110912_lemon_cnnCNN anchor Don Lemon says Jonah Hill is a rude, arrogant a-hole who treated him like "the help" when he tried to shake the actor's hand during a recent run-in at a hotel ... and now he's trashing the actor to anyone who will listen.

For the past 24 hours, a very bitter Lemon has been on a mission to blast Hill across multiple media platforms ... starting on Twitter ... and ending on "Starting Point with Soledad O'Brien."

It all began yesterday ... when Lemon tweeted, "Said hi to @jonahhill in hotel. Think he thought i was bellman. Didn't know his name til bellman told me. A lesson to always be kind."

Hill -- clearly upset -- fired back, "I said hi what do you want me to do move in with you? I was in a hurry. Didn't realize you were a 12 year old girl. Peace."

Jonah added, "I walked out of the restroom and found you waiting for me. Shook hands, said hi and was on my way. Sorry if you found that rude."

The two continued to cyber-spar ... until Don went on CNN this morning to further exploit the feud and said, "Jonah Hill doesn't owe me anything, and he may have been having a bad day ... but Jonah Hill treated me like the help."

Lemon admits Hill DID shake his hand during the exchange ... but it was a "wet handshake" ... clearly not up to Lemon's standards.

"Normally it doesn’t bother me, but I was done ... because I’d been taught by mother to always be kind to people," Lemon said.

Don also said he expected an apology from Jonah. Don't hold your breath.

Eventually, one of the members of the CNN panel suggested a solution --a smokeout -- adding, "Your love of marijuana could bring you guys together."

TMP

I always find it hilarious when something like this happens and everyone makes fun of the guy that didn't do a thing. Jonah Hill, regardless of what you think about him, didn't do anything. He was coming out of the bathroom... at least we know he washed his hands. This Don guy, whoever he is, seems like he ran into a celebrity and ran with it to get some attention. Seriously, he shook his hand, said hi and then went on his way... WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT? What Hill supposed to stand there and make out with him, invite him up to this hotel room for drinks or something? Generally, when you run into someone who's in the middle of doing something (and not, say, having an autograph party) they are most likely busy and on their way to do something. What the hell is this Don guy whining about? He's making himself look like a bitch who whines to anyone who'll listen when he doesn't get the 'handshake' that he wants. And how is throwing up a race card (He treated me like 'the help') going to help? Did he make him shine his shoes? Tell him to 'fetch' him something????? Seriously, WTF?

Mazor

Jonah Hill is pretty well known for being a tremendous douchebag this is no surprise.

Loretta Love

Plagued by self-centered thoughts of everybody should think and act just like I do~
!snap out of it!

Susan62509

I've always like Don Lemon as a reporter. In this situation with Jonah Hill I believe Lemon is too sensitive especially stating he was treated like "the help" when that was a mere assumption on his part. Perhaps Hill didn't recognize Lemon and that is why Lemon is reacting. Hill did apologize and Lemon shouldn't be rehashing this after Hill's tweet of "Sorry if you found that rude" Lemon was tired and Hill was in a rush. Both need to accept their emotional state as the time and drop this childish ranting. It's not scoring points for ya Lemon. In the public arena, don't expect the red carpet to be rolled out to every celebrity.

Johnny

and then Johan Hill fuuucked your mama... you are just a nobody so let it go...

TiffC

But, but... you're Blek! Deal with it.

Arnie

At least Hill didn't try to lynch you. So what's the problem?

Hobie

Sounds like Don has a bit of an ego and it wasn't coddled. Hey Don, if someone doesn't care about 'making your day' it doesn't make them racist. 'He treated me like the help' get over yourself and stop running to the race card. Here's an insight - white people are be mean, short, curt to each other all the time. If it happens to you and you happen to be black, it's no different.

cleojones

crying like a bitch.. Man up..

kburn

Hollywood Jews can be very nasty especially Movie Star ones, I have experienced this first hand!

GothamGirl

News anchors have through the roof egos, and what do they really do, but read the news? I'm also really tired of anchors adding their opinion or sharing personal information, I'm not interested!

JimmyB

The story reflects NOTHING Lemon actually said on CNN. Tell the whole story, TMZ...but thanks for keeping us signed-out. Its a real pain in the ass.

KaBlamo

Hey! Don't be knocking them 12 year old girls! Don't knock them up either. Just sayin'.

Kay in San Diego

I've never heard of this guy and Jonah Hill probably hasn't either. Don sounds like he is a big woos. Hanging outside of a bathroom to say hi sounds really desperate.

david

whats wrong with a bellman....your doing the same thing dude....your not better than a bellman...in fact who the hell is this Don prick