Antivirus Software Millionaire

John McAfee

Wanted for Murder

11/12/2012 11:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1112_john_mcafee_01
The millionaire software genius behind the McAfee antivirus programs is wanted for murder in Belize -- this according to reports.

According to Gizmodo.com, Belize police claim John McAfee is the prime suspect in the shooting death of an American expatriate named Gregory Faull.

Faull was reportedly gunned down at his home in San Pedro Town on the island of Ambergris Caye on Saturday -- after an argument with McAfee had turned deadly.

McAfee -- whose software company sold to Intel in 2010 for $7 billion -- has been living in Belize for a while now.

Details around the alleged argument between McAfee and Faull are unclear, but police claim Faull had filed a formal complaint about McAfee with the local mayor's office recently, claiming McAfee had been firing off guns and exhibiting "roguish behavior."

Gizmodo has published a statement from the San Pedro police, which says Faull was found lying face up "in a pool of blood." Police have not established a motive.

According to Gizmodo's report, police claim McAfee is currently "on the run from murder charges."

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

We know how the Belize police works. $100k should make it go away.

VictoriaGirl

Im glad I dont have mcafee anti-virus, I'd be deleting that shyt off my computer.

namers

I'm pretty sure you can catch a virus here like TMZ-itis.

christy

Thanks TMZ, this is actually an interesting story. I think it is wierd though that I don't see it in any other news source (granted, I havn't looked too hard), nor have I heard of him doing bath salts and all this other information you all seem to know. Where are you all getting your news? I really must be missing out somewhere!

winkenstein

Gregory Faull was the virus and John McAfee blocked him. Case closed.

NOT ELMO

LOCK HIM UP WITH TRUMP...

OooooNooo!

With 7 billion dollars he can buy his own country!

PatinNJ

Last that I read, he was flying people up and down canyons out west in ultra light aircraft. Now this?

Paige

I think before we convict Mr McAfee in the press we should wait for the investigation...He is being sought for questioning only at this point. I am surprised TMZ has not probed into the background of expat Mr Faull prior to his relocation out of the US????

rsmik

this is why I use avira

Jody

Nothing will happen to him because he is a millionaire.

Jody

Why is it that the people who will squander it the fastest on drugs or other crap get the most money?

Dano

Seems fitting, his product murdered a few of my computers in the past.

TheMachine1

Intel shareholders are another murder victim.

adelle

With money like that, good luck finding him!

Enough money can buy just about anything...including murder and freedom

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments