Matt McConaughey's Weight

Hits Rock Bottom

11/12/2012 5:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A very skinny Matthew McConaughey
Matt McConaughey -- or what's left of him -- arrived at LAX this weekend looking skinnier than ever ... just as he planned.

As we previously reported, the usually buff and shirtless 42-year-old is wasting away to play Ron Woodruff in the movie "The Dallas Buyers Club" -- the true story of a man who contracted HIV through drug use in the '80s and has to smuggle life-saving medications from Mexico.

Matthew is reportedly slated to begin production on the movie in New Orleans today ... and he's reportedly the lightest he's ever been ... down more than 30 pounds from his usual weight.

1112_subasset_matthew_mcconaughey
According to People.com, the actor plans to keep his current weight for another month ... and then the weight gain begins.

1112_weight_footer

RoadRig

Starving himself to win Oscar? Nah, it's been done before. Shaving head and start in musical to get Oscar? It also has been done.

john

Not that gays "own" the HiV + disease, but, it seems like the nature of this movie has been spun so not to impose a sexual perversion on the sick victim...HIV+ though drug use? Let's not forget how many hundreds, and thousands of people gays and africans died from AIDS... It seems this film is out to put the disease in a more acceptable light...
It's like doing a movie about men who suffer from breast cancer...Right...There probably are a dozen or so...Maybe Matthew Mconnahay will do that for his next role...and we can all watch him grow man breasts...

dod342

"and I care because??????"

Because you clicked on the link. It is also not news in case you need to ask.

dude342

"and I care because??????"

Because you clicked on it.

5Louie

That's what u do if u can't Act the part. Wow now I won't go see it.

tamara

Sounds like an interesting movie. I'll definitely see it.

Rey

So umm.. I wonder if Bodybuilder.com has a celebrity sponsorship for celebrities who will need to gain that is the opposite of the weight watchers sponsorship for celebs to lose? Seeing as though he would be dedicated without much effort if I were them I would give him a multi-million dollar deal.

DaveT

I knew it! Frank Zappa is still alive!
Oh wait...that's Matt McConaughey...never mind

Cheryl A.

He could come have Thanksgiving at our house.....guaranteed to leave 10 pounds heavier.

misfit

I hope he's not too old to bounce back.

rudynjudyjudy

Even if he loses 200 more pounds he still can`t act anyway why not just get fpaht&grossest and yell at everybody maybe than his box office sells could pay for his dope

rudynjudyjudy

lake MC con some hay gat fat old and mean and yellalot mAYBE THANZ you`ll lrean how the flucky2act

rudynjudyjudy

WTFFTWWTF F F FF hackback blockN FFF FN FFF FN WTFFFTW FTW

rudynjudyjudy

MOM said to say something nice...I I I like dost cars U ryd N your tv adds

DR SICK

He looks better except for the moustache.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments