Ariel Winter's Mom

She Attacked Me and Said

"I'll Make You Pay!"

11/13/2012 11:04 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1109_ariel_winter_04

Ariel Winter's mom told the guardianship judge when she confronted her daughter about her relationship with an 18-year-old boy, Ariel attacked her and threatened to make her pay ... this according to court transcripts obtained by TMZ.

Before the court heard Chrystal Workman's side, the judge heard exactly what we reported this morning ... that Ariel's mom, Chrystal was "a terror on the set of 'Modern Family' and that the producer and others there have expressed grave concern ..." this according to the lawyer for Ariel's sister.

The transcript chronicles the court hearing last month, at which the judge removed Ariel from the care of her mother and created a temporary guardianship.

According to the lawyer for Shanelle Gray, "The child [Ariel] is, apparently, struck repeatedly, slapped, hit, pushed, not so as to leave marks. Mother is smart enough not to do that."

But Chrystal fired back, "She is an actress so I'm sure she can cry at the drop of a hat." In other words, Chrystal was warning the judge that her daughter was making up her story.

The lawyer for Shanelle also claimed Chrystal "sexualizes the child," and showed the judge a pic of Ariel "dressed up to show off her breasts and otherwise."

The lawyer also mentions what we said this morning ... that people on the set of "Modern Family" were "having to sneak this child food because the mother deprives the child of food."

Shanelle, who was in court, told the judge her mom physically abused her 20 years ago. But Chrystal said the allegation was false, and what really went down was that Shanelle ran off with a gang member wannabe and they found her at a crack house -- i.e., she has no credibility.

LightJ

The more the mom talks the more I'm convinced she's out of her f*cking mind. The daughter is better off without her.

Maria

If anybody really cared about this girl they would get her off a program that started out to be a nice family show and has now turned into nothing but another freak show. A little child talking like a truck driver, the dads wife having a kid for his gay son. Well at least that what I read on TMZ. Just a warm cuddley little family show. Right.

tgrfan42069

uhhhhhhh this dont even make sense.if you hit someone hard there will be a mark.there is no special way to hit someone hard and have their not be a mark

Lekili

If I came home and found my 14 year old daughter in bed with a 18 year old man I'd go off on her too. Sounds like this child wants her freedom to do as she pleases without Mommy getting in the way. Shame on her for alleging abuse if that is not the case.

Bagheera

So, Crystal, months ago you caught your daughter almost climbing a man's pole. Rather than report the incident to police and claiming statutory rape, like most good mothers would, you kept mum about it until the judge temporarily removed your custodial rights?
----
Last thing a 14 year old needs is their mother monitoring their intake and calling fat, worthless, disgusting, pigs! Back when I was in school we had a word for someone who talked like that to you. We called that a bully.
----
Remember that Crystal lost custody of her first daughter. The same daughter that Crystal is now alleging she found boinking a wannabe gang-member (how can she tell?) and sleeping in a crack house, before she lost custody of her. Might not be abuse, but that does scream neglect to me. Crystal certainly has a number of spiteful and nasty things to say about her first child.

guest

big mouthed brat, kids like this 5 years ago did not act like this

♥TMZ but ...

she looks like a young rachel weisz

allticketforlesscom

who care about her, she is a brat

Fan67859

The mom is claiming that Ariel wants to live with her sister so she can date her boyfriend but according to the new york post they broke up weeks ago, so obviously the mom needs to change her story.

Laura

The mom probably attacked her and said "I'll take your pay".

Calibabe

There is more here than meets the eye. The fact that the older sister had similar things happen to her and she was in fact removed from the home. Most CPS don't remove a child unless there is clear and convincing evidence that there is either abuse (verbal, emotional or physical) of some sort or that the life of the minor child is in some sort of imminent danger. I also have a thing with some of these stage moms. I think they live vicariously through their children. That is a bad thing. I hope that it all works out for this young lady. She can always ask to be emancipated as well in a couple of years, possibly now, and that would legally make her in charge of all of her own decisions. She would be able to enter into contracts, sign legal do***ents, etc. So maybe that would be the best for all if that were to happen. There is just something about the mother that rubs me the wrong way. I am usually not wrong when my gut tells me that something is a miss and in this situation something is certainly a miss.

Alex

Ariel could be lying, but sounds a little suspicious from mom- basically her answers to abuse claims from both daughters, so far apart in age, is that they are tramps who are trying to get their way so they can go do some crazy depraved crap. Reminds me of the mom in Carrie a little....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3