Winklevoss Twins

We Still Believe

In Facebook

11/14/2012 11:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1114_winklevoss-twins_facebook_getty2
The Winklevoss twins may have sued Mark Zuckerberg, claiming he was a fraud and a thief ... but they believe in him enough to hold on to almost all the stock they have in the company, even though they're now legally entitled to unload it.

The twins own close to 6 million shares of FB stock -- now worth around $125 mil -- and they were free to trade their stock starting today. But we've learned ... they will only unload $1 million worth of stock, which they will use as seed money to fund their new venture --  an e-commerce website called Hukkster.com. The website tracks your favorite products and alerts you when they go on sale.

FB stock is now trading at an anemic $22.15 -- a far cry from the $38 IPO price.

Nonetheless, you could say the twins still believe in Mark Zuckerberg.

We reached out to the Twins for comment -- so far, no word back ... from either of 'em.

I LOVE MY NIPPLES

I still believe in facebook to! Hit me up fellas (i prefer tattoos) I live in Cali....xoxox ; )

liquidbabydoll

i hate facebook, worst than myspace

Mumra the Ever Living

Hukkster? track my favorite products and alert me when they go on sale?
I have an app on my phone for the last year that does that. I've had one one computer now for almost five years.
Perhaps they need to create something that people need but don't already have. Their idea is so 20th century.

spokenword

People don't even know how to communicate face to face anymore.

Pudding Tang

Typical douchey, cliché idea... Let's take an existing marketing strategy and call it hukkster as well as our own.

Delaware D

"If they had invented Facebook, then they would have invented Facebook!" Or something like that.

MrHarrybawls2010

People collect friends like stamps on facebook. Got news people : they are not real "friends". Get out and volunteer at a homeless shelter or something you damn creeps. For example, tonight I will be sleeping in a cardboard box next to my bed , just to see how it feels to be without my 6 bedroom mansion for 1 night. Expand your horizons you damn heathens.....

BECKER

It's nice that they havr Faith in Facebook. For $125 Million I would almost have faith in Harvey and TMZ Almost

KnuckleDragger

Twins, the overabundance of one's self. If I had a twin...I would have killed him in the womb!

b_cause

I hate FB.. I "deleted" my account 2 weeks ago....

Swins

Huckster is a dishonest person, how absolutely stupid is it to name an eCommerce site hukkster? What's next a credit card processing site called FraudSter?

Carl

Are they aware of the negative connotation the word "huckster" carries? If they don't even realize that then no wonder they lost out on Facebook.

Elizabeth

Hello guys- you lucky buggers with all the money. I wouldn't mind some of it!

jenny ruby

what are u saying the twins have sued me.

Tek

OMG, you mean I can sign up to your site so I can see when another site's products go on sale? LOL. Yeah, I'm sure people will be there in droves. Even with $125 million, they couldn't buy a clue on what people want.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments