Randy Couture

My Manager Cheated Death

In Freak BMW Explosion

11/16/2012 3:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

111512_bmw_fire_launch_v3
UFC legend Randy Couture is thanking his lucky stars -- because his manager narrowly dodged a gruesome death this month in L.A. ... when his BMW spontaneously burst into flames .... and TMZ has video of the fiery inferno.

Randy's manager Sam Spira tells TMZ, he was driving to a friend's house several days ago when "without any warning, my BMW X6M burst into flames, exploded and was completely totaled."

Sam says, "I can best describe the event as a very loud bang while going about 10 miles an hour -- there was a speed bump that I slowed down for -- followed by an immediate giant engine malfunction light and flames coming out from the front and under the car."

And if that wasn't scary enough, Sam says his young daughter was in the passenger seat -- and the passenger door wouldn't open. So Sam had to grab his daughter and pull her out the driver's side, burning himself in the process.

Seconds later, Sam says the car exploded and was immediately engulfed in flames. Spira adds, "Had we been traveling on the freeway, we would probably all be dead."

Firefighters arrived to the scene moments later to extinguish the blaze.

1115_the_aftermath_car
To make matters worse, Spira says his BMW dealership has not yet inspected the car to determine why the engine exploded -- and the BMW corporation is ignoring his phone calls. Spira tells us, he plans to sue if the company doesn't do something soon.

Randy Couture tells TMZ, “I was really shocked to see the pictures and video of my manager’s bad-ass BMW X6M on fire and exploding – a BMW that I drove in many many times.  I am just glad that he and his children got out alive.”

We repeatedly reached out to BMW for comment. No word back.

yamioo999

Let's Love=[ InterracialFishes.c o m]Specialized Online Interracial Dating Services"~ It’s where for men and women looking for interracial'ship.It’s a nice place for black white sing'les, to interact with each other, Create a FREE profile today and have access to thousands of interracial singles in your area. I just want to say:Love sees no color.Our love and commitment is all that matters.

Trish

If i had a BMW i'd be pushing it away from my house right now. "It would be easier if you'd take the emergency break off." "I'm not ever getting back in this thing." lol.

OH NO!

THE X6M is like a Mini Van for the emasculated husband. It's basically a station wagon with a race car engine and suspension. A complete waste of a vehicle, just like the Porsche PanAmerica. Douchemobile Extreme!

NFA

I work at an all-european auto shop, and this is a 1 in 5 million chance, and it is a "Clelebrity". There is next to a zero possibility of this "Situation" being true. I would bet everything I own on this being a scam somehow.

verlinda

Sounds like a movie. Maybe someone has a "hit" out on him

Fuck Celebrities

BMWs DON'T spontaneously explode.

LISA

That must have been pretty traumatic. I'm glad they got out in time. I'm sure BMW will inspect the car, right after police are done with it.

Caddtsrx3

Time to sue

katedeweese

Leonard answered I am amazed that a mother can earn $8084 in a few weeks on the computer. have you seen this webpage..http://tinyurl.com/ckmsfa2

Cos

October 31, 2011, 11:49 am2 Comments

BMW Recalls 32,000 High-Horsepower Models for Fire Hazard

By CHRISTOPHER JENSEN

2011 BMW X6 M, one of the recalled models.2011 BMW X6 M, one of the recalled models.

BMW is recalling 32,000 of its most powerful vehicles because of a fire hazard, the automaker has informed the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

The affected models, all from the 2008-11 model years, are the 5 Series, 5 Series Gran Turismo, 7 Series, X5 and X6 equipped with turbocharged 8- or 12-cylinder engines, according to a Oct. 20 letter, which was posted on the agency’s Web site over the weekend.

BMW said the problem related to an auxiliary water pump that helped to cool the turbocharger. An electronic circuit board could fail and, “in an extreme case,” lead to the “smoldering of the water pump.”

The automaker told the safety agency that in most cases, the driver would get a warning on the instrument panel of the problem. But BMW said there were two cases of fires in the engine compartment among 102 cases of pump failures worldwide. The automaker said it was not aware of any accidents or injuries related to the defect.

BMW described the recall as voluntary, but under federal law, once a manufacturer was aware of a safety defect it must inform the agency of plans for a recall within five days or face civil penalties.

thomas

Lots of luck getting any help from BMW. They build overpriced cars that are not very reliable. I remember a friend at work and her husband bought a fancy new BMW and within a week it was back at the dealership with problems with the steering assembly. If they want help from BMW they need an attorney.

WilbertoClovis22

Since I started with my online business I earn $62 every 15 minutes. It sounds unbelievable but you wont forgive yourself if you don't check it out. http://www.Fox79.com

Cathy

A couple of years ago my daughter's BMW did the exact same thing. Still have't gotten any response from BMW about the cause. In fact, she had to deal with her insurance comany and BMW took very little action to assist. Her insurance did not cover the value of the car and it ended up costing her a considerable amount of money..

Romia78

just goes to show you, at the end of the day, it's a car. all that money and BMW wont even call him back? I'll still with my 2000 galant, thanks much lol

JOVISE332

Love me !.InterracialCircle.COM★Here is the best Interracial Dating Hub for you if you are on the lookout for an online community that is dedicated to encouraging and sowing the seeds of interracial relationships. With hundreds and thousands of members choosing us to forge potential bonds, you can be rest assured that you will not find it an uphill task to gel with someone who is on the same wavelength as yourself.Maybe you wanna check it out.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments