'Dallas' Star Larry Hagman

Dead at 81

11/24/2012 5:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1123_larry-hagman
Actor Larry Hagman -- best known as the conniving J.R. Ewing on "Dallas" -- has died at age 81.

Hagman died in a Dallas hospital at 4:20 pm Friday, due to complications from a recent battle with cancer ... according to local reports.

The actor's family released a statement shortly afterwards, saying "He was surrounded by loved ones when he passed. It was a peaceful passing, just as he had wished for."

Hagman also starred in "I Dream of Jeannie" but was most famous for playing the iconic villain J.R. in the 1980's drama "Dallas" -- and recently reprised the same role on the TNT version ... which launched earlier this year (below).

He is survived by his two children.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

myopinion

RIP...I remember him from I dream of Jeanie and Dallas he will be missed but not forgotten

Tina M. Cutler

WOW it's sad to hear about his passing . I enjoyed watching him on the I dream of Jeannie, then on Dallas . I would like to say to his family, relatives, friends that I'm sorry for their loss of Larry, I'm surprised to hear good things from people saying about Larry, about who he really is as being Larry, I know how people feel to lost their love ones from cancer because my father had die from lung, bone cancer in 2007 of March, it really stucks in a big time for anyone who have cancer, where are you now . since yesterday has wave good bye ..... Rest in peace Larry. From Tina M. Cutler as TinaCutler519@aol.com

Pimp Daddy

Some are all hat and no cattle. He was all hat and all cattle. He was the pimp

JO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

blythe

i would like to say my condolences and how sorry i am to see larry leave this earth. he was a very entertaining actor and if his last wish was to entertain us all well i feel he certainly did that and more. Rest in peace Mr. Hagman you will be sorely missed.

Spicy mag

I hope he got to nail Jeanie .

jaydol