Katt Williams Slap Victim

Target FIRED ME

Over the Incident

12/4/2012 10:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

120412_williams_victim

update_bar
11:22 AM PT -- A Target spokesperson confirms Forrest has been fired from the store ... but explains, "His departure was unrelated to the video footage that has appeared online."

The rep adds, "Out of respect for the privacy of this individual, we cannot discuss the reasons for his departure."

0314_divider_graphic
The Target employee who was PIMP SLAPPED in the face by Katt Williams says he's been FIRED from his job ...even though HE was the one who was attacked.

TMZ broke the story ... Forrest Liebenberg was having a calm conversation with the comic in the Northern California store when Katt slapped him in the face for no apparent reason.  Liebenberg didn't strike back ... instead he pulled out his phone and called for help.

After the incident, Forrest told CBS13 he'd been terminated from his job with no explanation -- saying, “They weren’t very clear, but it is obvious to me that it was based on this incident.”

He added, "Maybe I was a little uninformed about how seriously the situation was with Target, but obviously it is pretty serious."

Forrest says he doesn't know if Target believes he's the person who leaked the security footage to TMZ. He also claims he is NOT the leaker.

We reached out to Target for comment -- so far, radio silence.

1129_katt_williams_slap_videolaunch

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Kelly

So very, very not right. Target, don't punish the victim. Kid got assaulted by a thug on your property. I hope he sues the lot of you.

vroomvroom

he looks like trouble

Nick

I'd sue for unlawful termination with Target, then I'd sue Katt Williams. One way or another, my face would be on the middle of that Target logo after the lawsuit.

rossiqueen

Really!!...u should sue both target and katt williams!!!.....and to katt williams "SPIT THE DOPE OUT!!!!...LMBAO:-)

Jordan

Looks like Target and Kat williams will be departing with alot of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tripod

Boycott Target stores.............give this guy his job back or pack up and take your **** back to France you cowards!

yup

Send up the Bat Signal for Gloria Allred.

Amber

In this case, I really hope this guy sues and wins!!! Not cool Target peeps, not cool!

QuitaB

well sue target and katt

Jannie

Bastards. The guy just stood there and didn't strike back, like most of us would have done. He deserves a commendation from Target for keeping his cool and not allowing the situation to escalate anymore, not being fired. I hope he sues from wrongful termination.

w

They fired him huh, walmart does the same thing to their employees too, fu** target...I don't shop there anyway I cant believe it's still around, Im in chicago and its always empty. I hope you sue them kid and win big.

ROSCOE

Hey Katt do you feel good about yourself now. Hope u sleep good at night dude. This kid is now unemployed thanks to you. WAY to go A-Hole!

kitnplayn

I woldn't expect anything less from Target. They are money-hungry and they don't care about people.

Yaya12

He should just take the classic American route and sue Target katt!

Majestik

There has got to be more to this story then what's being told. The security footage came out and clearly shows this young man was assaulted, you don't fire an employee for being assaulted. If they are firing him for the security footage being leaked then I say they need cough up some future paychecks for this young man and Katt Williams needs to cover his lost wages also.
Nice thing to do, TARGET, just before Christmas? I'll never shop at Target again.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments