Ke$ha

I Was FORCED To Sing

'Die Young' Lyrics

12/18/2012 4:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1218_kesha_getty
Ke$ha
has just -- shockingly -- come out and said she never wanted to sing the controversial lyrics in "Die Young" -- even though she's listed as one of the writers of the song.

TMZ broke the story ... Ke$ha's hit song has been yanked from a huge number of radio playlists since the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.

Ke$ha just tweeted, she understands why her song is now inappropriate, adding,  "I had my very own issues with "die young" for this reason.  I did NOT want to sing those lyrics and I was FORCED TO."

The lyrics include this:  "Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young."

A bunch of people lashed out at Ke$ha on Twitter, slamming her for the song in the wake of the tragedy.

Ke$ha is listed as a co-writer of "Die Young," along with Dr. Luke and others.  She does not explain why she was forced to sing those lyrics.

may28

Some on wrote sang and produces a song that happens to coincide with a current event. It happened for years, u can't yell at her for it. People???? Please stop!!! Start worrying about what really matters, not blaming some no takent skank

fwbrad

Why in heck would people lash out at her in the wake of the Sandy Hook massacre? Since it was just released it was obviously written months or years ago. Apparently there are some really stupid people out there that think she wrote it Friday. A bunch of douchebags.

Wiggie

its just a song nothing more nothing less

angeline

She was forced too maybe she's speaking out against illuminate but I doubt it she's illuminate puppet their not allowed to speak

paul a.

She has nothing to apologize for.......

Rich

I am NOT aware of this song or much about the artist....but I do understand that this is business. If a producer sees an opportunity to sell a song, they go with it. We have experienced that quoted "only the good lie young". I'm satisfied that this song was pulled by DJs and understand this was the wrong time....

james

Does this fool really think we believe that crap. Stop trying to fool people it only shows how stupid you really are. Besides, your music sucks sh8t and needs to be pulled all around...MORON.....

TheMarshmallowMan

A lot of the comments on this story look like they were written by the same person? Kesha manager??

yescoast

didn't that song come out before the shooting?

Rae

Ke$ha's song has nothing to do with what happened in Newtown. She has nothing to apologize for. This is ridiculous.

thebigalphamale

its a song... people... relax... she didnt kill anyone..

although it could be argued that the song is so bad (I dont understand why it was popular to begin with) that it might make you want to kill yourself for listening to it...

so all the songs that were like - live like you were dying etc... they are all inappropriate??? GTFO

the song is celebrating life... bc you never know when its going to end... so try to skip the drama, smile more often and enjoy the moment with your loved ones!!!

YouDontSay

Whatever B I O T C H

lisaul89

Never was a fan of keesha, kesha whatever her name is!!! I just hope all those parents can one day find peace in souls!! R.i.p to 20 kids and 6 adults:'(

lisaul89

*...in their souls....

apj77

I don't understand why she is catching hell for a song that was released before the shooting. She can't predict the future. On the other hand don't try to say you were forced to sing a song. You have a choice to say no.