Ke$ha

I Was FORCED To Sing

'Die Young' Lyrics

12/18/2012 4:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1218_kesha_getty
Ke$ha
has just -- shockingly -- come out and said she never wanted to sing the controversial lyrics in "Die Young" -- even though she's listed as one of the writers of the song.

TMZ broke the story ... Ke$ha's hit song has been yanked from a huge number of radio playlists since the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.

Ke$ha just tweeted, she understands why her song is now inappropriate, adding,  "I had my very own issues with "die young" for this reason.  I did NOT want to sing those lyrics and I was FORCED TO."

The lyrics include this:  "Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young."

A bunch of people lashed out at Ke$ha on Twitter, slamming her for the song in the wake of the tragedy.

Ke$ha is listed as a co-writer of "Die Young," along with Dr. Luke and others.  She does not explain why she was forced to sing those lyrics.

Selden83

Someone may have forced her to sing those lyrics, but did anyone force her to use auto-tune?

Twiz

Someone needs to teach her how to ise makeup around her eyes

K.S.

Are you kidding me? Trying to tie in KE$HA to this tragedy? That is absurd ! Focus on the real issue here. Mental illness, the victims and families. Not a friggin stupid song. I can't even ......

Barbarascy

Okay I get that people are really upset about what happened in Connecticut. Twenty beautiful babies were senselessly murdered. Its just hard to get your head around something so terrible. But Kesha is not responsible for what happened.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

It's almost that time for the celebrities to exploit the school tragedy. Gotta keep their faces in the news.

Kabala

A gun was held to her head to write the lyrics.

She's baaaack

Why does she always look like she needs to brush her teeth for about 10 minutes? Maybe she can do it after she showers. The girl never looks clean.

Rob

What a MORON! god, why do you people worship theses losers?

Clay the don sippin Dom P daily like John.

jayz just stole the chorus on a biggie junior mafia song called murda onez. "murda onez to get the funds live fast and die young, jm mfs go get yo guns!"

pandora

I don't know why she has to defend herself. It was a song written well before the tragedy. I understand pulling it from stations, but it's not like she wrote it about the shooting. The lyrics are basically saying live like there's no tomorrow.

iambuck420

what a ****

edswoggle

The lyrics weren't meant for that purpose...but since her music is part of what is wrong with the world, I'm not gonna complain about this scrutiny.

Kàt

wow that is bunch of BS 'K'. Do you not know the word 'No'. Admitt you were in the wrong. Grow up and while you are at it......learn how to sing

Rocco

Oh, come on honey. Just own up to it. It was unfortunate timing.

Dazedface

I was thinking about the "27 CLUB"... when I heard the song not the awful tragic school shooting... Those children didn't have a chance to make mistakes. I am not a fan of having children but that motherf*ck*r needed to die but it should have been by the force of the parents of the victims. Don't blame Keisha for a poorly timed song