Tiffani Thiessen

I'm DROPPING Instagram

Over 'Ridiculous' New Terms

12/18/2012 11:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1218_instagram_01
The Instagram mutiny is underway ... with a bunch of celebs already vowing to NEVER use the photo-sharing service again after the company announced a HUGE change in policy.

Instagram has been under fire for updating their terms of use ... which says users "agree that a business or other entity may pay us to display your username, likeness, photos (along with any associated metadata), and/or actions you take, in connection with paid or sponsored content or promotions, without any compensation to you."

The statement pissed off tons of users -- famous and non-famous -- including Kate Walsh and Tiffani Thiessen .. who tweeted, "Really sad to have to end my luv 4 @instagram. Will be deleting my account due 2 their ridiculous new terms."

And there's more ... "Dancing with the Stars" pro Cheryl Burke is also abandoning ship ... tweeting, "Can't believe Instagrams new policy! They r allowed 2 use ALL of ur images in advertising. Will be erasing my account shortly."

FYI -- The new terms of use do not go into effect until January 16.

Swins

They will retract the terms in about 3..2..1 FIRST!

kells

I don't think these Z listers have anything to worry about.

Lindy

without any compensation to you
========
So long..goodbye Instagram..

Michelle

Sad ....Instagram.....really Sad. Your greed is going to put you out of business.

OllyWanted1D

Hey I would end mine too!

LK

YA GOOGLE & YOUTUBE R DOING THE SAME SORT OF THING 2.
I'VE STAYED AWAY FM FBK TOTALLY .
ALSO DON'T HAVE ANYTHG 2 DO WITH TWITTER.

DenverRican

LOL I just deleted mine before I saw this article. Basically saying they own any pictures we use on Instagram, yea I dont like that one bit... bye bye Instagram ... say hi to Napster and Myspace ... haha

HRH Prince Michael

I recently learned that TMZ.com, is owned by a subsidiary of the monstrous, monopolizing - soon to be defunct- Time Warner Inc.
AGAIN: How do I delete my account, IMMEDIATELY?

LK

CAN'T IMAGE WHAT I AGREED 2 WITH TMZ. I NEVER READ THE SERVICE AGREEMENT WHEN I OPENED THIS ACCT . LOL MY BAD !!!

lovehandles

Why the Hell is this news .Another celebrity on drugs. Here some more news for you. I took a dump this morning . Let's how many comment I get.

richard latman

And most are moving over to Lifeclip...

kronenburg

Oh, how tragic for them. Zzzzz.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

...lol... don't think for a sec that just by pressing the delete button everything you have entered - info, data, images, etc... magically disappears from their servers.

Jon

Doesn't Facebook already have this as part of there terms and conditions? This is not surprising then. As for 'celebs' boycotting, to me it seems that they just don't want to miss out on a payday.

b

Oh know. I can't see pics of washed up or never was actresses. Give me a break just go to starcelebs.com and see them nude.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments