'Workaholics' Star

"Jet Set" Dies from

Apparent Heart Attack

12/18/2012 3:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1218_Jet-Set-Hudson_workaholics
"Workaholics" star Jessie "Jet Set" Hudson -- who played the character Jet Set on the show -- died suddenly in L.A. last week after suffering what appeared to be a heart attack.

According to reports, Hudson stopped by a convenience store in Pasadena shortly before midnight on December 13th and purchased Alka Seltzer, a bottle of water, and some milk.

The store clerk said Hudson was sweating and was in such a hurry, he left without getting his change. When the store clerk followed Hudson outside to give him his money, he found Hudson slumped over in his car.

Paramedics arrived on scene moments later and pronounced Hudson dead, claiming all signs pointed to a heart attack.

A rep for Comedy Central tells TMZ, "All of us at Comedy Central and within the ‘Workaholics’ family are deeply saddened to learn of Jet Set’s sudden passing."

The rep added, "We’ve lost a friend and a consummate professional who infused the show with a sense of excitement that never waned."

Mike Cochrane

I became friends with Jet Set when I started working with him on the TV show "Shameless". For over a year and a half, we spent quite a lot of time together in the Alibi Bar on the show, and a lot of time talking to people who were on the Warner Brothers Studio Tour. Whenever a tram would come by, and we were outside of our stage, someone would always recognize him from "Workaholics", so the tram would stop to talk with us and take pictures. He was always happy, and always had great stories to tell. Workaholics must be devastated. I assure you, next season on Shameless won't be the same either.
RIP my friend... You will be missed!

TigerLily

R.I.P. condolences to family, friends, and loved ones.

RaisingStar

R.I.P

TonyTone

This is sad but who is he?

TonyStar Smif

as one of Jetset 's closest personal friends this news is crazy i just talk to him . I was suppose to go with him to the wrap party for his show WORKAHOLICS . i found it strange he hadn't called me back I was looking forward to our cross country drive to his hometown of Tampa Florida for MLK Day a trip he basically made every year and then up to DC for Obama and back to Hollywood . I proud to have known him and I learned alot from him . Will miss ya homie

djsmellsogood

I would like to thank everyone who has left positive comments for my greatest friend, mentor, comforter and all around super person. Although he did accomplish almost everything he wanted to do in his life besides attend this years Presidential Inauguration to witness our president get sworn in for a second time and also join in our local Dr Martin Luther King Jr. Parade as well as ultimately getting his name placed on a star on Hollywood Blvd!! Although he has fallen slightly short of fulfilling those final goals I will do my best to carry on his legacy and his dreams and do my best to live out the rest of his life through me vicariously. I have known Jet Set since 2002 and since day one he has been a dedicated friend and someone who will give you the coat off his back to comfort you. He would have celebrated his 63rd birthday on January 18, 2013. Please signup on his fan page www.jetsethudson.webs.com for never before seen pictures, videos and music that I will be constantly posting since I have so much of Jet Set's life in my possession and in my eternal memory. I love you Jet!! R.I.P. .my brother.

peachpie

I never saw the saw it looks hilarious. He looks familiar. It seems obvious, he was getting some old school remedies for heartburn. Maybe if he went to emergency he whould still be alive.

KAY

Very unfortunate!

Gwendolyn

I'm from Tampa and have always read about him whenever he came home. He pursued his dream and lived it. Condolences to his Family and his family on Work-A-Holics.

EJ

I will definitely be missing his parts in the show. RIP Jet Set.

s.t.harvey

poor jetset he knew bartbaker too though i dont know him but he is a very good actor on bartbaker's parodies so: R.I.P.

fauzan