Ashton Kutcher

Files for Divorce

12/21/2012 1:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1221_kutcher_moore_divorce_docs
Ashton Kutcher has finally pulled the trigger, filing for divorce from Demi Moore ... over a year after the couple split up ... and now we know why he waited.

34-year-old Ashton filed the docs today in L.A. County Superior Court, citing irreconcilable differences. He uses his full legal name 'Christopher A. Kutcher.'

Sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ ... Ashton waited so long because he wanted to give Demi the chance to file first ... it was a whole dignity thing. After a year ... when Demi showed no signs of making her move, Ashton finally did.

Ashton and 50-year-old Demi have no children together. They were married in September 2005 and separated in November 2011.

According to the docs, the property rights of Ashton and Demi will be worked out later.

Ashton and Demi split in the wake of cheating allegations involving Ashton and another woman. Ashton is currently dating his "That '70s Show" co-star Mila Kunis.

1101_ashton_demi_split_footer

Squeeks910

I am sure he is rushing it so he can marry the other gal. During the holiday is not a good time to rush into the paperwork, I now pronounce you a dirt bag Kutcher.

BB not bb

I don't think that Ashton is malicious, just very selfish. He was done playing around with Demi but he didn't want to kill her, so he gave her time to adjust. She was really nuts over him for a while after he left. Now she seems like she is out partying and over him so he feels like it is safe to file divorce papers. She might have committed suicide or something if he just did it right away.

I think he is coneited and Demi is conceited and that is what they had in common, but that wasn't enough to last. Ashton being like that is going to want someone more his own age and speed. He just used Demi for something new.

Has anyone seen Anna Karenina? She reminds me of her. She ran off with the dashing young man and it just blew up in her face.

bull

I guess that cougar stuff isn t working for women even someone as hot as Demi.

Bill Sellers

Who cares!

Cindy

I think he tried to do the right thing.

larry

who gives a f**k

SS

I never really knew if they were married or not.

gkd

She may be crazy.. but this just prove what a pos he is... he could have waited until Christmas was over before serving her with the papers.

virgolady

It's called......."TIME TO MOVE ON"!

Cassidy

Sometimes things just don't work out. I could never understand the attraction of those two to begin with. They gave it a shot, and it lasted longer than I expected. I'm sure in time, Demi will move on. Who knows what went on behind closed doors. To file before the holidays was kind of a low blow though. Whether or not it was intentional, it just stinks around the holidays.

Dan

I could have made it through the rest of my life without this news flash

eubie doo

AK got tired of old baggage. its about time!

frankie l.i.n.y.

This not something new we new that this would not last he only was with her till he built up his fame, i don't know how he stinks as a actor, but they will pay any one, as soon as two and half men jumps the shark, people will finally see how bad he is, as far as demi goes she need a young stud to make her look good, cause nobody wants to grow old and be for gotten.

Georgina

Come on.. This was a divorce waiting to happen when they first got married. She's so much older than he is. Even if she looks great for her age, the age difference will eventually make a difference even if she may be immature for her age. I told my husband that they'd be divorced in 3-5 years and there you have it.. more or less.. Lasted a little longer than I expected but the end result is still the same. Demi needs to find someone closer to her age and stop playing with little boys.

Mikey

Nice He Filed For Divorce From That Older Woman & I Can't Stand Ashton on Two And a Half Men I Tried Watching it It's Strange Weird & Prefer Ashton in Movies instead Not on a Comedy Show Especialy For Two And a Half Men It's Boring Now.