Bethenny Frankel

'Real Housewives' Star

Separates from Husband

12/23/2012 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1222_jason-Hoppy_bethenny_frankel_getty"Real Housewives of New York City" star Bethenny Frankel will soon no longer be a wife ... she's splitting up from her husband Jason Hoppy.

Frankel released a statement today, saying, "This was an extremely difficult decision that as a woman and a mother, I have to accept as the best choice for our family."

Frankel and Hoppy were married in 2010 and have a two-year-old daughter Bryn.

In addition to her "Housewives" fame, Frankel is the creator of the Skinnygirl line of cocktail, food and nutrition products.

Agasht

Nooooooooooooooo! Ok, they are all a bit crazy, I'll give you that. And to watch them together on TV was sometimes a bit painful, but Noooooooooooo!! I was really hoping they could work this marriage out for at LEAST 5 years or more. Geeze!

Mike G

Is anyone really surprised?C'mon she is a nightmare. Not sure why anyone likes her .her personality is abrasive/cutting. He will be better off without her.

Frank J Guida Jr

She only wanted him to have a baby....!

SCARLETT

THIS MARRIAGE WAS DOOMED FOR FAILURE, THIS WOMAN IS SO DAMAGED, THERE IS NO WAY SHE CAN EVER BE HAPPY OR MAKE SOMEONE HAPPY. SHE KNOWS IT ALL, DOES NOT LET ANYONE SPEAK. I WISH THIS NICE MAN THE BEST. I HOPE HE FINDS TRUE LOVE. IT IS OUT THERE. HAPPY HOLIDAYS,

Roberta

WELL, the little genie below his belt caused him to marry her but Jason, if you are reading these contact me. I'd love to date you and I live in NYC :). And I'm a brunette too! AND a caring, quality woman who knows what to treasure in somebody.

DEE77

He was to normal for her, she is an attention seeker who makes everything a drama about herself. No one will ever suit her, thankfully he can move on and find someone nice.

Dave O.

Bethany is an emotionally broken person driven to "have it all" only to find that she's sacrificed the love and affection of a good, loving man. She's well on her way to ruining her daughter's childhood in much the same way that her's was ruined. Jason, you can't get love from a person who doesn't love herself. The tragedy is Bryn who will suffer her mother's insecurities and criticisms.

Marylou

Always felt they were an odd match. They never seemed to go together. Not a surprise, surprised it lasted this long.

FACINGREALITY

In Bethenny's defense, the actual demise of the marriage began on the day that she became a multimillionaire. It was quite evident that Jason resented her success. She begged him to come on board the Skinny Girl empire but he constantly stated that he had to be his own man. Some men cannot co-exist with a woman that makes more than him and unfortunately Jason is one of those men. So it isn't all Bethenny's fault, he knew who he was marrying, he just didn't expect her to become the primary breadwinner in the family.

Mark

Not a surprise, all she cares about is money and fame.

Shekina

Big mistake. Bethanny may not be able to see it now, but no man, no other human will live up to her expectations. She is really a tortured soul. But that's no excuse. Hoppy is a solid person, has solid parents. Her child could have such a better life than she had. It's not all about material success. Her daughter will grow up with the same psychological issues that she has.
Bethenny needs to really take stock of her life. I would find it hard to believe that Jason had an affair. If he did, that may be a reason to leave, otherwise, they need help if not for themselves, then for their child.

Diem

I think it comes down to the fact that he had a much simpler life than she does. He knew marrying her that she had high hopes for success in the media. She was on a reality show when they met, for Christ sake. That being said, she does have some very deep emotional problems when it comes to family. I hope that she continues to seek treatment for her daughter's sake (which, I believe, she will).

miss baldwin

im sorry to hear this

Enlightened

Please stop with the "she has deep emotional problems crap." The only things motivating this loathsome b@tch are GREED and SELF-INTEREST, the two things that have prompted EVERY MOVE SHE HAS MADE! She has treated EVERY person in her life as stepping stones to her own financial success, including the two people who gave life to her. She is a VILE, EMPTY B@TCH and I feel sorry for the poor child who will now be used as her pawn to exact pain on her poor deluded husband. And spare me the "I don't know her" mantra. I know the CREATURE she has presented herself to be. If she is more than that, she has CHOSEN not to show a HUMAN side to the world. And by the way, she looks EXACTLY like the crypt keeper, evidence that while beauty may be only skin deep, ugly goes right to the bone. When the fat women of the world stop idolizing this spawn of Satan, she will finally reap what she has so aggressively sewn.

cindy

it does not surprise me that they are getting a divorce. i dont think she ever loved him she just wanted to have kid and did not want to do it single. she always treated him awful on the show nevefr did want he wanted to do just what she wanted to do.