Matt Lauer

People Are Screaming

Bad Things At Me!!!

12/27/2012 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1226_matt_lauer_article_getty
Matt Lauer is "freaked out" that people -- and lots of them -- have been screaming at him on the streets of Manhattan, calling him names and blaming him for the demise of Ann Curry.

Network sources tell TMZ ... Matt is "miserable" over what he believes are hateful and unfair tirades.  Matt says the harassment is constant, with people screaming things like "You're a bad guy,"and "You got Ann fired.  Does that make you happy?"

Matt is telling people at NBC there have also been lots of sarcastic comments about his $25 million salary.  He feels "abused," insisting Ann's firing is not his fault.  But, as TMZ first reported, Matt made it clear when he re-signed -- he didn't want Ann in the picture.

One network source says, "It's driving him crazy.  He's so unhappy."

As for Matt's future at "Today," it's secure by default.  Aside from the fact that he has a contract, our network sources say NBC honchos are stuck.  They have no one who can step in and stop the bleeding.  As for Willie Geist, the new, 9 AM "Today" host, one very connected source says the sentiment is, "He's not ready.  He's not there yet."

notta

It all comes around bud.

TPF

If anyone should have been fired it should have been that arrogant over paid ass.

Kathryn

First off, he needs to shave his hair off. Nothing worse than an already unattractive (personality) male with a horse shoe for a hair doo. It's hilariously fugly. He's just gotta hang onto the side/back hair, eh? roflmao. YOU LOOK RIDICULOUS MATT!

Secondly, this man is a turd and needs to be flushed from the Today Show. Period.

Last, but not least, YOU, MATT, deserve EVERY name someone is going to call you on the street. You're a JOKE to real journalists, and a disappointment to man kind/humans. So, take it like a champ, just like Ann did. ;p

Vote2012

Who watches the Today show? This clown should be happy at least a few people actually know who he is. All those NBC and MSNBC TV so called news people are liberal left wing wackos...I would not waste my time watching any of them.

Carol

I doubt Matt really cares. He's laughing all the way to the bank. I hope the ratings go down.

Gunrob

Get used to it baldy locks...it ain't gonna stop anytime soon.

ROXANNE

GET RID OF LAUER!!! HIS EGO AND ARROGANCE ARE OBNOXIOUS!!

ju

Poor freaking matt boo hoo hoo I dont watch the show because I cant stand him he gets pais way to much for crossing his legs and interviauing they never have real news on that show matts getting picked on then quit it wouldnet hurt my feeleings

Jose

Matt Lauer is complete idiot. Why mess with something that works. I stopped watching this great show because of his actions. I will only come back when Ann does. You dont do this to people idiot. When you pretend that you are better than the rest of us, we abandon ship. Havent you learned by now that one way or another we pay your salary. This will only keep getting worse. Someone should start a facebook page to short this dumbass what the power of the people really means.

pootsa

Listen, I'm retired with little to do. I'll replace Matt for $25 a year. That will save NBC a bundle. I'll also beg Ann Curry to come back, but she will refuse. Smart girl, Ann. So long, Matt. Enjoy oblivion.

Zambonie

Since he started close cropping his hair because of thinning hair, he looks like a penis

Some guys just can't do the real short hair or bald look

BJNHI

Sounding off?!?! "Mommie, they're yelling at me!" Simply too funny!

RONNIE

Hey Matt,your an over-paid ,untalented individual. The sooner you realize that,the easier you can take the tirade against you. I guarantee ,you are crying all the way to the bank.

GothamGirl

If you can't take the heat, don't accept an obscene salary!

Gitiff

I would love to watch Willie Geist everry morning in place of that a-hole Matt. He should just quit.