Mel Gibson

I'm Making No Promises

for 2013

12/27/2012 6:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

122712_gibson_launch
Mel Gibson has learned a hard lesson -- don't make promises you can't keep.

A chill Mel was leaving Terroni restaurant in L.A. last night with a woman, when our photog asked for his New Year's resolutions, and he quickly shot back he's not making any.

If we can play arm chair shrink for 2 sentences, it's real progress when someone stops making pie-in-the-sky promises.  The latest encounters we've had with Mel have been ... different.  He seems at peace and pretty happy.  But shaking demons doesn't magically happen on January 1st of any year.

Mel did say he's quit smoking ... the hard way.

Really

Damn I was really hoping you'd promise to go away and leave us alone! I use to respect this guy and his movies but not any more.....too late Mel so just tuck your tail between your legs and go back home!

TMZgossip

douche-power is more accurate for beater-boi

kicksroute66

Die

marymac

woman-beating loser

truthiness

I thought this anti-semetic piece of garbage was dead. Oh, wait, that's his career. My mistake. Dear Mel: Please do the world a favor and drop dead. You are a waste of space and are not bankable, so please, please die in a firey crash, and take your father, another anti-semetic piece a garbage with you.

Amy

Too bad his New Years resolution isn't to put a gun to his head and fire. F U C K I N G LOSER!!!

DeeMaree

While I'm glad Mel quit smoking-is there an easy way?-what I hope is that he has his alcoholism under control. Alcoholism has cost him his wife, the loss of a huge number of his fans, the love of Jews, and his self respect. For the pleasure Mel Gibson has given me for years with some of his movies, I hope he finally has his alcohol demons under control, has made amends where needed, and can enjoy life now.

quezcotl

Women beater?

He slapped a gold digger whore, aka Oksana.
Thats a beating ? a slap?
There is a reason he isnt in jail, it was hardly a "beating". My gf slapped me because I once accidently made out with her best friend. I never called the cops on her.
Calm down ffs.

I love Mel Gibsons movies, and lets be honest, who hasnt said racist **** when being drunk? And no, i'm not racist, by dad has even colored employes which I even say hi to.

Bri

What kind of people are you, talk about worthless people, look at yourselves and your alarming comments. I'll bet most of you are liberal amendment/ liberty restricting idiots too.

Bri

hihat

I'm glad to hear that Gibson has quit smoking. I wonder if he's quit making remarks about baking Jews in ovens too...

michelle

nice to 'see' M.G. 'looking' so well
G-d Bless

MAS

Eh. Who cares? It's only Mel Gibson.

michelle

might want to take your own advice
M.G. didn't seek this interview
no one forced you to visit this M.G. 'blog'
why not chase love, rather than hate
G-d Bless

Paulette

For years, I never made a new year's resolution, because I was already working on everything I knew I need to change about myself. -- So, why state/make one that I'm already doing?
Maybe that why he's not making one. -- Because he knows he's already working on everything that he's aware that he needs to change about himself.
Also, when it comes to self-improvement, setting a deadline, like the end of the year can hurt instead of help sometimes.
Besides, self-improvement should be an ongoing thing for everyone. Because no one's perfect.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments