Robin Roberts

Won't Return to GMA

Til Mid 2013

12/30/2012 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1228-robin-roberts
Robin Roberts
will not re-join the "Good Morning America" staff until May at the earliest, and more probably June, 2013 ... TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources connected to the show and the anchor tell TMZ ... Robin's medical issues make an earlier return way too risky, because her immune system is extremely weak.

We're told doctors are pleased with her progress and say she's right on schedule, but that schedule puts her on the bench for 5 or 6 months ... something she's not crazy about but realizes is necessary.

Sources at GMA tell us ... the honchos are hoping that Robin can return as early as February, but we know that's not in the cards.

And speaking of cards ... we're told they're coming in by the truckload -- cards, emails, etc, wishing her well.  GMA honchos believe Robin's return will boost ratings for the show even higher, which can become problematic for the struggling "Today" show.

Kate K

Robin, The best is wished to you in the New year. You are an inspriation. Your spirit through your challenges is amazing. I eagerly await your return, and if May or June or July is the best time I hope the higher ups reazlie you are worth waiting for. God Bless.

Mary

I agree with Keith, who says he's seen this face before, and it usually means impending death. Not that Keith WANTS her to die, but when you do see a person/face like this, you can associate it with a previous experience. I watched my husband die a grueling cancer death, and he had a face of death. But let's hope Robin gets better. I'm glad she's not coming back on air until she is strong enough to fight off things like colds, which people pass around flippantly.

Joybubble55

Get well soon Robin....

Jay

Does GMA really thnk anyone cares? I wish anyone going through what she has or anyone going through any illness luck, but she is no big deal. Really tried to watch GMA, but they're all so fakey and over the top I was embarrassed for them and couldn't stand to watch, Robin included. And it's a shame ABC has used her and her illness to try to garner higher ratings, shame on them, Even if I liked the show, I wouldn't watch for that reason alone!

NOT ELMO

is She Herman Cain's Twin Sister...

LaVern Curley

Robin you make my day watching you everyday on television. Get well soon and can not wait until your back to work again with your smiling face to make my day.

Stephanie Rittel

GMA is a no news program.....and an only advertisement for ABC programs....I have stopped watching. The only chance for real news is the BBC and Fox. I do, however, pray that Robin recovers.

annie stu

we will all wait forever for camp robin to all be together

DORIS TAYLOR

Keith and David what ass holes you are. Wow talking death and you don't miss her wow. Robyn get well soon we super duper love you and cannot wait for your immune system to get stronger.

Nvts

Its RUPAUL!!!!!

Bean Reel

It's all about the Marathon --- this type of recovery isn't a sprint.

Madeline Martiny

My thoughs and prayers are with you. Just keep the faith in god and just know we are all praying for you robin.

tellendatruth

I love Robin, but I have to be honest. I've seen this face before. It is definitely the look of pure death.

I pray for her, but let's face facts here. It does not look like she is going to survive this terrible disease.

I do not expect her to ever return to her job. God bless, Robin. We love you and we will remember you after you are gone! Godspeed!

Courtney

I have always liked Robin. I am praying for a complete recovery.

AlwaysOnTimeB

I love Robin Roberts!! I wish her a speedy recovery. I'm glad that she's putting her health first, which is the most important thing right now.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments