Justin Bieber

After Chasing Bieber's Ferrari

1/2/2013 8:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0101_justin_bieber_ferrari_article_splashnews
update_bar
7:30AM PST:
Justin released a statement, saying ... "Hopefully this tragedy will finally inspire meaningful legislation and whatever other necessary steps to protect the lives and safety of celebrities, police officers, innocent public bystanders, and the photographers themselves."

8:40PM PST
Justin Bieber was not in the Ferrari ... sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ.  We're told one of Justin's friends was driving and another friend was in the passenger seat.

0314_divider_graphic
A paparazzo attempting to shoot photos of Justin Bieber's Ferrari was hit by another car and killed this evening -- although Bieber was NOT behind the wheel of the Ferrari ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Bieber's white Ferrari was pulled over by California Highway Patrol for speeding on the 405 ... near the Getty Center in LA.   The CHP directed the driver to pull off the freeway, onto Sepulveda Blvd.

According to our sources, Bieber was DEFINITELY not driving at the time.

We're told a paparazzo -- who was following the Ferrari at the time of the pull over -- attempted to snap pics while officers conducted the traffic stop.

The photog then crossed Sepulveda to snap pics and was told twice by the CHP to go back to his car on the other side of the road.  When the photog tried crossing back, he was struck by an oncoming vehicle as he crossed back and was killed.

0102_the_Accident_Scene_justin_bieber_newsreel_

Our sources say drugs and alcohol were not a factor for the driver of the vehicle that hit the photog.

LAPD is now on scene investigating the incident.

010212_bieber_pap_newsreel

amoney

That`s ashame. Smh horrible way to start 2013.

pak1

I SINCERELY HOPE HARVEY LEVIN IS COVERING THE COST OF THIS MANS FUNERAL, IT'S APPALLING THE WAY IN WHICH THESE "PAPS" GO ABOUT GETTING SHOTS OF CELEBRITY SO THE MR. LEVIN CAN LINE HIS ALREADY PADDED POCKETS. PAY FOR THE MANS FUNERAL!

Silverado Mom

So the cop tells him to move to an UNsafe place in all actuality.

Sjango

In my best king kong line.it wasnt the car that killed wm it was the luv of bieber rip.

dpuente530

Justin Bieber is a bitch!

Jennifer

I don't feel sorry for the guy that got killed. I'm not saying that he deserved to die for doing his job, I'm just saying that I'm not surprised it hasn't happened sooner. And Karma is a bitch!!!

Emma

No one wants to see a picture of Justin Bieber driving or pulled over or sitting in a car anyways. It's NOT interesting. I can't understand why anyone thinks it is? Why anyone wants a picture of him doing something that everyone does on a daily basis. BORING. Too bad someone died doing something meaningless and stupid. I feel bad for the driver of the vehicle that hit the guy. Theres your victim right there.

Fictiondictation

I'm I suppose to feel bad? I am thinking it's about time this has happened to one of them,

TNastyFunktown

I am most certainly not a fan of anyone dying. Definitely not something I wish on anyone. I can't help but think of the risks these people take for these pictures and often times it's them risking the lives of others (Princess Diana comes to mind). Unfortunately, I doubt this situation will put anything in perspective for these folks...

ABlackMan

Maybe these paparrazi will take a hint. They are too reckless when it comes to these pictures. You can't wait until Bieber stops to get a pic? You can't afford a better lens instead of getting in the way of a routine police stop.

kitnplayn

I hope it was a TMZ photog. You need to be taken down a few notches for selling out the culture.

SeeSomethingSaySomething

This is truly unfortunate, but it sounds like assumption of the risk. Anyone familiar with LA knows what to expect along that part of Sepulveda pass, which is an alt to 405 and has very few pedestrians.

mynameis

U hope it was a tmz photog? Why are u here reading then? You're part of the reason the "culture" got sold out. Lol. Quit reading - make a difference if you actually believe what u wrote.

Krystal_OFWGKTA

Move B*tch Get Out The Way !

L

This makes me so happy!!!!!!!