Jimmy Kimmel

BLASTS Jay Leno

He's an Unfunny, Sellout

1/5/2013 4:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0105-jimmy-kimmel-jay-lenoJimmy Kimmel's hatred of Jay Leno continues to fester ... so much so, he RIPPED the late night talk show host a new one ... calling him a "sellout" who hasn't seen a laugh in years.

Jimmy unleashed a flurry of insults in a new interview with Rolling Stone ... telling the mag "Leno hasn't been a good stand-up in 20 years."

For the nail in the coffin, he adds ... "As a comedian, you can't NOT have disdain for what he's done. He totally sold out. He was a master chef who opened a Burger King." Snap.

FYI -- Kimmel's had beef with Leno for years ... starting way back in 1992 when Leno beat out Kimmel's comedic hero David Letterman for "The Tonight Show" gig.

Kimmel is slated to go head-to-head with Leno and Letterman when his show moves to 11:35 PM this week.

moe

I used to enjoy watching Jay on the Tonight Show. So a few years back, we bought tickets to see him at the Mirage in Vegas. $300 for tickets. His show was AWFUL. We were on the second row, & walked out halfway through.His jokes were stale (of the "my parents are so old" variety--@ this point his parents were both deceased & he was pushing 60). His delivery was that of someone reciting by rote the same routine he'd been doing since 1973. He was even doing that pulling on his collar thing the OLD Borscht Belt comics did waaay back in the day. So before defending Jay, you might want to catch his live show. Or not. (Cue rimshot!)

static

NONE of the late night guys are funny they all think they're original and funny but it's all been done before AND funnier.
These guys are nothing more than filler between the 11:00 pm news and the infomercials.

HumanNature

JIMMY KIMMEL IS GOING TO GET HAMMER BY JAY LENO!!!!!

LOVE JAY LENO

Sherron

Grow up Kimmel both you and Letterman act like babies!!

Dwight

talk about sell-out: this is all pure BS for ratings bump when they go head-to-head

SteepSlider

Jimmy has his comedic style but Jay has never, in my mind, been funny to the level of Johnny Carson or Letterman. Jay is milk toast, watered down, safe weak jokes written by weak staff and if not for the carnival guests he has on, I would be an unwatchable show. And I rarely watch his show, unless I want to doze off.

Surely they're are other comedians worthy of Johnny's chair? And stop calling me Shirley.

RamHead

Jay Leno? I remember him. He was the guy who had The dancing Itos on his show in 1995.
Jimmy Kimmel? I don't know who he is, I don't believe they broadcast any shows of him where I live.
David Letterman? Saw his show once, but couldn't even crack a smile.

Gargamel

Breaking up with a Sarah Silverman is enough for me to not like this couched!

rhbjorn

Kimmel is right. Leno is painfully unfunny

Pam

SAD SAD! WHEN THEY ALL STOOP THIS LOW!!!

kitnplayn

This is just typical American arrogance and stupidity. His hatred for Jay Leno resulted from Jay Leno getting a job that he wanted his friend to get. Newsflash ~ it's not Jay Leno's fault that he got the job, so why are you hating on him, instead of the people who gave him the job?

Skins

Hey Bon, do you spend all day trolling tmz message boards? Looks like it. I'm "ruining the world" because I like Jay Leno? Get a grip loser

Maverick

Totally agree with Kimmel that Jay Leno is not funny AND a complete sell-out.

I refuse to watch the Tonight Show because Leno is so lame and a complete douche-bag.

But when Jimmy Fallon gets the 11:35 slot, I will be back.

5Louie

Jimmy Who Ben Stiens flunkiey. Wow now he was funny Ben was that is.

Phishie from Philly

I'll settle this. You are both sell outs!
Phishie from Philly