Jimmy Kimmel

BLASTS Jay Leno

He's an Unfunny, Sellout

1/5/2013 4:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0105-jimmy-kimmel-jay-lenoJimmy Kimmel's hatred of Jay Leno continues to fester ... so much so, he RIPPED the late night talk show host a new one ... calling him a "sellout" who hasn't seen a laugh in years.

Jimmy unleashed a flurry of insults in a new interview with Rolling Stone ... telling the mag "Leno hasn't been a good stand-up in 20 years."

For the nail in the coffin, he adds ... "As a comedian, you can't NOT have disdain for what he's done. He totally sold out. He was a master chef who opened a Burger King." Snap.

FYI -- Kimmel's had beef with Leno for years ... starting way back in 1992 when Leno beat out Kimmel's comedic hero David Letterman for "The Tonight Show" gig.

Kimmel is slated to go head-to-head with Leno and Letterman when his show moves to 11:35 PM this week.

Jah36

Says the sports guy from the Kevin & Bean show. lol. I've tried watching Kimmel a few times...he is NOT funny. Neither is David Letterman. In fact, David Letterman's stand up is like staring at refrigerator for 20 minutes. Anymore, the guy has turned into a political pundit. It's just not funny.

Areader

Jimmy Kimmel can't hold Jay Leno's mic!

NBC created that debacle when they gave The Tonight Show to Conan O'Brien who took the number show in it's time slot and drove it into the ground!

NBC then wanted Jay back...can you blame them!

Ron

It is a case of Jews sticking together because Jay beat one of them in ratings. You see Howard Stern, Kimmel, and other jews crying a river because Jay always beats David Letterman in ratings.

King Beef

I've never really cared for Leno and I really hate him after he and NBC screwed Conan over, but he's still funnier than Jimmy Kimmel's worthless ass. The only person that is actually worse than Jimmy Kimmel is Jimmy Fallon.

casey

Jimmy Kimmel......

your desparation REEKS !

lanie

Fair enough.. I don't find Leno that funny.. However, Jimmy Kimmel is NOT funny.. at all.. not even a tiny bit.. In fact, he sucks..

lanie

Like I said above - I don't find Leno that funny.. but I must say -- Letterman's comments about Leno to Oprah in his recent interview -- are a stark contrast to Kimmel's...

Here is a quote from the interview:

Letterman says in the interview. “And I will say — and I'm happy to say — that I think he (Leno) is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his nightclub act, just the funniest, the smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic"....

dennis

Jimmy,

We like you. Don't be that guy...

myopinion

STUPID Jimmy!!!!

Sue

Hey Kimmel, you are no Leno! You and Dave act like bitter little highschool girls.

RD

Seems like Jimmy is just trying to get some PR for his new show. Leno is a classy guy. He saved the Tonight show from the massively unfunny O'Brien. Leno also took a pay cut to save some of his staff from getting fired. I admire the hell out of Jay Leno.

nocturnal stars

LOVE Jimmy Kimmel! Anyone who says that Jay Leno is funny and Jimmy is not, is old. Jimmy Kimmel is hilarious

JDoors

Ironic for me as, lately, Leno has been FAR funnier than I EVER remember him being. Don't know if he has new writers, or if it's a change in tone prompted by Leno himself (less stridently liberal/virulently anti-conservative), but Leno's crackin' me up like never before.

Kimme's always been funny (at least his sketches are - those are Johnny Carson-worthy).

coolguycriss

Jimmy kimmel is way better then Leno. He gunna take him down in ratings

DaveT

Funniest night time talk show host is Craig Ferguson, by far, the rest of them aren't funny much