« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Katherine Webb

ESPN Should NOT Have

Apologized for Ogling

1/9/2013 8:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Katherine Webb -- the GF of Alabama star QB A.J. McCarron -- says ESPN had no reason to issue an apology for Brent Musburger's televised swooning during the BCS Championship game ... because the comments were nothing but flattering.

Webb appeared on "Today" moments ago and stood up for the 73-year-old --saying, “I think the media has been really unfair to [Musburger]."

She added, "If he would’ve said something along the line that we were hot or sexy or made any derogatory statements like that, I think that would’ve been a little bit different, but the fact that he said that we were beautiful and gorgeous, I don’t see why any woman wouldn’t be flattered by that."

ESPN later issued an apology for Brent's comments -- but Webb says, "I don’t think it was needed, honestly. Of course, I appreciate it, but at the same time, I don’t think that I needed an apology.’’

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Catrina

Big deal, kill this story already!!! She's hot and he said nothing wrong.

Luke

Yes.. she's hot. Yes.. I'd do her. Yes, most of the women on this site that are hatting on her, would do her. Once she realizes what an Alabama QB transpires to in the NFL (3rd stringer) she'll be looking for the next Tom Brady.

Troi

Katherine,....what a class act; it's unfortunate that Musberger's wife had to hear her horny old husband acted like he had never seen a beautiful woman before,....he's just a premature with a penchant for ogling attractive women,.....he must be a real hoot sitting in a bar, after a few drinks,....

roll3567

Classy move on her part. When did it bcome a crime to admire a goog looking woaman? political corrwctness has doomed us all!

Charles

no biggie . but he missed the really hot one ... DeeDee the Mum yikes

lanie

It wasn't a big deal.. I don't get all the media coverage of this.. It is so insignificant.. Sports casters always make idle dumb comments.. it wasn't anything.. so silly.

Mag

Leave Brent alone......he did nothing wrong. He's a commentator (yes for sports), but women, beer and sports all come together as a package. She is a gorgeous girl, and a female myself, I find nothing wrong with what he said. Lighten up everyone!

TNastyFunktown

I'm a woman, but I have no problem saying she is beautiful & I fail to see any issue with Musburger's comments.

BSname

Apparently Katherine Webb is not only beautiful and gorgeous but she is also a woman who shows a lot of class.

Truth

WTF, 10-11 HRS FROM MIAMI TO ALABAMA?? OK, SHE'S AN AIRHEAD. WHAT, DID SHE WALK BACK TO THE STATE??? FOR ONCE, DOME HEAD LAUER SAID THE RIGHT THING -"ENJOY YOUR 2 MINUTES..." CUZ IT'S ABOUT 1:59 WITH 1 SEC LEFT. SRUSLY, WTF CARESSSS. #TRUTH!!

bigfranklittle

Wow

What is MORE Offensive

What I find far more offensive is that a beauty queen gets far more attention than AJ's uncle (Dee's brother) Dustin Kent who is currently charged with 7 sex child molestation, rape, sodomy & incest crimes in Mobile & Baldwin Counties and that one of his nieces has been missing since May 30th. I'd like to know who is paying Dustin Kent's bail and for his expensive attorney? The guy is unemployed and lives in a trailer! http://www.fox10tv.com/generic/news/local_news/mobile_county/brittney-wood

Truth

WHEN IS STEVE HIRSCH GIVING HER A VIVID CONTRACT?? POINT BLANK. #TRUTH!!

Mike

I wonder what the Alabama fans really think about Katherine. She graduated from Auburn ... the biggest football rival that Alabama has. This is like blasphemy for an Auburn girl to date the star QB for Alabama isn't it?

I bet a bunch of people will try to run Katherine off and try to get AJ to date an Alabama girl. Guys aren't THAT loyal to their school though. Not when they are as hot looking as Katherine is. I'm sure he could learn to live with seeing her wearing Auburn t-shirts and yelling War Eagle every now and then. As long he gets to take that Auburn t-shirt off later in the evening I'm sure he doesn't mind. :)

KicksandGiggles

Yawn. This little girls head is inflating by the minute with this attention. Move On with this boring non story to some real sports PLEASE!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments