Quentin Tarantino

Explodes on Reporter

Don't Ask Me About Movie Violence!!!

1/11/2013 8:37 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Quentin Tarantino says he's sick and tired of talking about the connection between movie violence and real violence ... and ERUPTED on a British news reporter who asked about it during an interview about "Django Unchained."

Tarantino was sitting down with Krishnan Guru-Murthy -- a self-proclaimed "fan" of Q's movies -- when he asked, "Why are you so sure that there's no link between enjoying movie violence and enjoying real violence?"

A flustered Tarantino replied,  "Don't ask me a question like that ... I'm not biting ... I refuse your question."

When Guru-Murthy asked "why" ... Q explained, "Because I refuse your question. I'm not your slave and you're not my master. You can't make me dance to your tune. I'm not a monkey."

Quentin explained that the interview was supposed to be a "commercial" for his movie -- and he has no obligation to explore the topic of real-life violence.

KGM shot back -- "Well, look ... this is a news program, not a film program, so we explore serious themes."

The two went back and forth in a pretty heated exchange for several minutes.

Eventually, KGM was able to shift topics ... and QT continued like the awkward argument never happened.

tleeg

"dn QT continued...." what the hell is DN? Jesus..can't your 14 year old writers try PROOF READING for once? Is it that hard? What a bunch of morons.

patsfan4life

There's violence portrayed in all aspects of the media, it's up to parents to teach their children what's right and wrong, and to look for warning signs that show their child may be predisposed to negative behaviour.

ragu4u

That towel head should be thankful QT gave him any time at all. This is why stars don't all want to be interviewed. It's just like being ambushed. Each little parasite looking for that "gotcha" quote!

King Beef

You hardly ever hear anybody blame real violence on violent movies these days. Now it's all blamed on violent video games. Either way it's all a load of crap. They tried to blame the Sandy Hook shooting on Call of Duty and then it turned out that the kid didn't even play violent games. He played Dance Dance Revolution. Somebody has to be the scape-goat. God forbid somebody is just a genuinely evil lunatic.

HRH Prince Michael

From "Movies", to "Music", to Video-games, to our "government", anyone living in "America" lives in
a culture permeated in Violence.
Meanwhile, as "America" slowly and surely drowns in the blood of, We, The People, a Corrupt,
Godless, and TERMINAL Confederacy of Evil ("Corporate America", their subservient and well-funded Politicians, the state-serving Print/Broadcast "Media", and their complicit "Religious" "Leaders"), is only concerned with it's own -futile- survival.

The House of David 2 Chronicles 13 Victory, is HERE:

bb

Well (kinda) in Quentin's defense I don't think there's a neat blanket answer to that question. I think it all depends on how psychologically stable and psychologically mature the person watching the said violent movie is, and unfortunately the age rating system can't take that into account. For some disturbed person who already has serious sociopathic tendencies watching a violent movie or playing a violent computer game might be the straw that broke the camel's back and inspire them to act out in some violent way. However for the huge majority of the population no I don't think violent movies cause them to be violent in real life.

Tim

8 minutes plus? Who has time for that? Aybody know when the arguing starts?

Jsmiley

QT use to work at a video store by my house in Torrance CA bout 20 years ago i never seen him but my older brother said he was a total nerd lol nice to see nerds can be cool too..

Quinn

QT isn't cool anymore. He appears to have turned into quite the douchebag. With everything going on lately it's a relevant ****ing question.

Zoola

I would be annoyed too

Jackie

LOL...I'm not a "monkey"...priceless

jeff

Tarantino is simply the coolest. Thanks for posting the video tmz. No more katt williams please. He's just an unimportant crackhead.

Who the Hell is Khloe

Again it's up to the parents to teach their kids hats right or not. I've seen many horror films and I have no inkling to shoot anyone

SRFire12

It's a parents job to teach their kids right from wrong, not movies or games. If they do something wrong that's on the parents not on anything else.

HRH Prince Michael

@Patsfan4Life: Generic, cop-out. Can you plant Roses in weed bed, and then ask, why flowers didn't grow?

"..and now you think you can withstand The Kingdom of The Lord in the hand of the sons of
David, because you are a great multitude..."
Pharaoh, Feds, and other Fascists, you shall
reap, as YOU HAVE SOWN....chump-cowards.

The House of David 2 Chronicles 13 Victory, is HERE: