Jodie Foster

Kinda Comes Out

at The Golden Globes

1/14/2013 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

011313_jodie_foster_ipad

Jodie Foster
said it wasn't a "coming out" speech, but after receiving the Cecil B. DeMille Award for lifetime achievement at the Golden Globes ... the legendary actress sort of did just that.

In a bizarre, rambling and aggressive speech, Foster told the crowd she was single (*wink, wink) and talked about trying to live a private life ... one which has never involved having her own reality show ... or talking about her sexual orientation.

Then, Jodie kinda sorta did an about-face, saying she did her "coming out 1,000 years ago" and went on to thank her ex-partner and co-parent, Cydney Bernard.

It's a speech that really just defies explanation, so just watch the video and piece it together for yourself.

By the way ... best line of the night was the last, when Amy Poehler, with Tina Fey by her side, ended the show by saying, "Thank you very much. We're going home with Jodie Foster."

1126_out_footer

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

Buncha' queerz...

Jan

Who watches this crap anymore?? It's a bunch of overpaid jerks praising each other.

amber

I thought she came out a while ago...

flora68

Jodie looked awesome! Just seemed a little hyper, like WAY too much caffeine.

brenda

Those who have to know the obvious and those who have a strong opinion of those who are gay/lesbian probably have a little sugar in their tank to begin with.

I like Jodie and could care less of who she changes the bed sheets with. To me it's all a moot point.

Dave

Wow, I was embarrassed for her. Clearly her meds were off. What a shame that such a great career was marred by that rambling lack of coherency.

lcmb

That was gay.

tucker

OMG paaaahhhllleeeaaasssse - did anyone think she was straight? This is one of Hollywoods best kept secrets ... Right up there with Lindsay Lohan does drugs. Shhhhh, don't tell!!!

Chipperson

She seems like she might fit into that classic "angry lesbian" stereotype. There's something strange going on there.

Martin Remington

I could never work in the entertainment industry. Too many ***s who think they are normal.

Jbryan310

What the hell is a co parent? Is that what they call it now a days.. And just like Anderson cooper the whole damn world already knew she was gay.. Moving to to the fiscal cliff and higher taxes.. I wonder if she will take advantage of all the tax loopholes that are legal.. Anyways I'm glad she one.. She has always been one of my favorites.

Leslie

Nah, she did that a long time ago, thanking her "beautiful Cydney" at another awards show, when they were still together.

MissK

So frickin what. I suspected her yes ago. NEXT!!

HoTMZ

I thought she came out by adopting with her live in female partner years ago. So she thinks us regular folk are too dumb to get that means she's gay or was she trying to let all the hot lesbo actresses know she's available?

Jody

I don't know why Jodie Foster, David Hyde Pierce, Kevin Spacey and Tom Cruise make such a big deal out of it. The world figured out a long time ago that they were gay.