Jodie Foster

Kinda Comes Out

at The Golden Globes

1/14/2013 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

011313_jodie_foster_ipad

Jodie Foster
said it wasn't a "coming out" speech, but after receiving the Cecil B. DeMille Award for lifetime achievement at the Golden Globes ... the legendary actress sort of did just that.

In a bizarre, rambling and aggressive speech, Foster told the crowd she was single (*wink, wink) and talked about trying to live a private life ... one which has never involved having her own reality show ... or talking about her sexual orientation.

Then, Jodie kinda sorta did an about-face, saying she did her "coming out 1,000 years ago" and went on to thank her ex-partner and co-parent, Cydney Bernard.

It's a speech that really just defies explanation, so just watch the video and piece it together for yourself.

By the way ... best line of the night was the last, when Amy Poehler, with Tina Fey by her side, ended the show by saying, "Thank you very much. We're going home with Jodie Foster."

1126_out_footer

Rob

After these deviants come out I can never watch them in a movie and believe they are "straight." I wish they ALL would just shut up and do their job.

cobrazombie

Certainly deserving of that award. Even with The Beaver on her résumé. But why "come out"? Everyone already knows which team she's on.

EasilyHard

Shes incredible

Shaunie

I didn't know. Probably because I don't care

rudynjudyjudy

she kant B glay but wait she did hemmingway but still woody allen lives in her and hemmingways but so they an`t ggray eaithers

Georgiagirl

I liked it!!!! I think more actresses should heed her admonishment about privacy. She is a brilliant talent who has never been one to speak about her personal life but I believe she has to acknowledge this part of her life in order to 1. Teach her children to own who they are and never be ashamed and 2. To just end the whole question so people could get over it and just let her be.

rudynjudyjudy

she&hemming was always glay since highschool partys back in the 70`s I REMEMBER but woody allen always lived up thiert bluts even bcaks thans

rudynjudyjudy

shes kookyer than a skybox and meaner than a woodsy allen snake eye

rudynjudyjudy

forced out than out of the box office standard endrun forceout of the biz last hope is no hope at all same SOP as since libbys and way backs2 1920s

rudynjudyjudy

her box office in DOA in other words try anything to market same as hemmingway same as woody allen washedup.She was always gay since high school so WTF

Jdawg

I remember my days of hitting that acid too.

Jdawg

Charlie Sheen was called in by CNN to decipher Jodies speech.

Steelersfan

This woman has shown that you can be successful and not have to blare from the rooftops about your private life. Pure class. I think she was nervous about what she was going to say and let that show. Many young artists could learn so much from her.

lolurdumb

Everyone knows she lesbian so what

It'smeyall

Hollywood and it's disgusting lifestyles