Centers for Disease Control

Ignore Hugh Jackman

... GET YOUR FLU SHOT

1/14/2013 11:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0114_hugh_jackman_cdc_getty
Hugh Jackman
's Golden Globes acceptance speech last night was stuffed up with TERRIBLE ADVICE -- when he jokes that flu shots aren't necessary -- and now, the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention are on a mission to correct his message.

A rep for the CDC tells TMZ, "I don’t know if he really meant that vaccination was not a good thing to do, but each year millions become ill with influenza; more than 200,000 may be hospitalized; and between 3,000 and 49,000 will die."

The rep adds, "The first and most important step in protecting against the flu is to get a flu vaccine each season."

For those who missed the show, Hugh took the stage after winning Best Actor in a comedy or musical -- and joked, "Sorry, I’m at the tail end of this flu and I was kicking myself for not getting the flu shot ... but it appears actually you don’t need one.  I feel great!"

Bottom line: get your damn flu shot.

Lei_LaLa

Ive never had a flu shot and never got sick... Sarcasm or not it wasnt totally bad advice

C

I WON'T GET ONE!! WORKED FOR A FAMILY PRACTICE PHYSICIAN WHO TOLD ME YOU HAVE TO BE NUTS TO INJECT THIS STUFF INTO YOUR BODY!! 58 YEARS YOUNG AND NEVER A PROBLEM!!

monique

no flu shots for me either, i pass on that

blackcockus

AND THE CASKET GOES TO ... BILL MURRAY.

EasilyHard

Bill Clinton looked reanimated Bill Murray was giving us Keith Richards light

skeyehi

Think about this....the flu shot is meant for the frail and elderly. Who does the government want to get rid of to thin out the population? I wouldn't get one if you paid me

Jay

Only time I got the flu as an adult and was sicker than a dog was the ONLY time I got the flu shot! That was in my 30's now in my fiftties I have never been sick since. The shot makes you get ill, what do you think is IN the vaccine, the flu! Plus my doctor said that it helps only 60% of the time if it doesn't make you sick!

My boyfriend has never gotten a shot, never has gotten the flu, members of my family never get one, they don't get sick either. WASH your hands constantly and do NOT touch your face, that is how you get it, touching your face with dirty germy hands from filthy people that don't wash their hands!

I see adult women coming out of public bathroom stalls and do not wash their hands then they touch the door knob and everything else with their filthy bacteria covered hands! People are nasty and dirty. Do NOT touch anything, if you do, wash. Never touch your face and you will not get sick.

gidwa

Well, for those of you who are judging him, the article is pretty unclear, and the CDC must not have watched the show. He was just joking about how great he now felt after winning the Golden Globe. He wasn't really trying to givr advice, and anybody who watched his speech would know that.

As far as doing what Hugh Jackmans tells me to do, anything you say baby!

gidwa

As far as doing what Hugh Jackmans tells me to do, anything you say baby!

nORRis8

Never had a flu shot and never will get one.

theYzzie

the flu shot GIVES you the flu. hence why u get sick ! eat plenty of veggies, make a bone broth with chicken and you'll be fine. of course they want you to be sick so you have to spend money on antibiotics. mother nature provided us with remedies...look for Natural Factor Anti-Viral potent fresh plant tincture...that thing KILLS your cold for cheap and no side effects. and it taste great. wake up people

beak

I have rheumatoid arthritis caused by mmr...polio...varicella...and flu vaccines. I refuse to get anymore vaccines they do cause issues. I am a nurse

Jay W.

Why isn't it the CDC leave off the P? Prevention?

tewyler

What the hell? He said that he wished He Had gotten a flu shot!

mr.howell

I never get them either,got one once and had a 'lingering cold' for 3 months!..some people have died from them I've been told!.