« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lance Armstrong

YES, I DOPED

1/18/2013 6:02 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

011713_lance_oprah_550x550
Lance Armstrong
just confessed ... EVERYTHING.

Lance admitted it all during his Oprah interview -- saying he took banned substances to enhance his cycling performances before all 7 of his Tour de France wins ... he blood doped ... he took testosterone ... EPO ... human growth hormone ... everything you can imagine.

Lance had denied the allegations for years -- and when Oprah asked why he came forward now, Lance replied, "I don't know that I have a great answer. I will start now by saying this is too late ... I view this situation as one big lie that I repeated a lot of times ... I am a flawed character."

He added, "I didn't invent the [doping] culture, but I did nothing to stop the culture ... and I am sorry for that."

Lance said he began using EPO (erythropoietin) -- a hormone that enhances red blood cell production -- in the mid 90s.

When asked if he was ever afraid he'd be caught -- Lance replied, "No."
When asked if it felt wrong at the time -- Lance replied, "No."

As for how the whole operation worked, Armstrong hedged on the details -- saying, "I viewed it as very simple. You had things that were oxygen-boosting drugs, for lack of a better word, that were incredibly beneficial for endurance sports. And that's all you needed."

He added, "My cocktail was only EPO ... not a lot ... transfusions and testosterone."

Lance -- who referred to his former self as "an arrogant pr*ck" -- isn't shocked by the outrage over his lies and deceit ... saying, "I deserve it."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

DiM

If he is in denial of his personality disorders, he will live his whole life this way, but it seems that he has come to some awareness. He didn't have to do it on Oprhah, though. Yes, he is no sportsmen, but I wish him the best in his personal development.

Susan Jeter

How I would love to see this lying S.O.B. go to prison.

Vanessa

white ppl 0 black ppl 1

Toilethead

I watched it for a little while, but turned it off. He's no longer relevant and I couldn't care less what happens to him.

geminiman7

I'm just glad he's not black. Otherwise TMZ readers would be calling him racist names and blaming the entire race--and there would be quadruple the # of hate comments!

Dublin2016

Hmmmmm..

Dawn

He's not. the first to cheat and lie in sports and he sure as **** isn't the last..... I'm disappointed but.not surprised

KellyCdB

This is like Anderson Cooper coming out. Was anyone really surprised?

exlax

now we know why the crow didn't eat the weinie

Tree

YES, I FARTED

SO WHAT!

Rocco

Breaking News: L O L

tamara

Makes you wonder how many other athletes are doping. Anything for fame & $$$ even if it ruins their health. wow

Usagi-chan

So at what point do the lawsuits begin? I am sure prize money was involved.

Annie

Why doesn't he include the entire operation he had going along with all the blackmailing with all of the other bikers...This idiot was the top pro of the Doping game, and used his fame to ruin other great bikers names. I think this prick should do some jail time from all of this shadiness. And where are his best friends from the acting world, suddenly disappear??? So sick of all of this crappola in the world today!!!!

jim

"When asked if he felt like he was cheating -- he replied, "No ... I viewed it as a level playing field."

I am having a really hard time thinking Lance was the only guy doping. If I were some of these other guys on "the level playing field", I'd be waiting for the other shoe to drop - for Armstrong to start naming names. I find it hard to believe he'll go down alone.