« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lance Armstrong

YES, I DOPED

1/18/2013 6:02 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

011713_lance_oprah_550x550
Lance Armstrong
just confessed ... EVERYTHING.

Lance admitted it all during his Oprah interview -- saying he took banned substances to enhance his cycling performances before all 7 of his Tour de France wins ... he blood doped ... he took testosterone ... EPO ... human growth hormone ... everything you can imagine.

Lance had denied the allegations for years -- and when Oprah asked why he came forward now, Lance replied, "I don't know that I have a great answer. I will start now by saying this is too late ... I view this situation as one big lie that I repeated a lot of times ... I am a flawed character."

He added, "I didn't invent the [doping] culture, but I did nothing to stop the culture ... and I am sorry for that."

Lance said he began using EPO (erythropoietin) -- a hormone that enhances red blood cell production -- in the mid 90s.

When asked if he was ever afraid he'd be caught -- Lance replied, "No."
When asked if it felt wrong at the time -- Lance replied, "No."
When asked if he felt like he was cheating -- he replied, "No ... I viewed it as a level playing field."

As for how the whole operation worked, Armstrong hedged on the details -- saying, "I viewed it as very simple. You had things that were oxygen-boosting drugs, for lack of a better word, that were incredibly beneficial for endurance sports. And that's all you needed."

He added, "My cocktail was only EPO ... not a lot ... transfusions and testosterone."

Lance -- who referred to his former self as "an arrogant pr*ck" -- isn't shocked by the outrage over his lies and deceit ... saying, "I deserve it."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

BOHOE

evil man..........

LittleBIt

I really doubt ANYBODY gives a rats rear about this nobody. Probably admitting it (finally) because he wants attention. What I dont get is how he gets so many famous women??? He is nobody special and is not that great looking. So he cheated - we all kind of knew it with all the rumers that just wouldnt go away. Not a winner . . . . hes a cheater. Bye bye Lance romance.

NightOwl

I respect him more and he is once again bangable.

spectator72

Once Armstrong threatened someone he is a thug and no longer an athlete .

nutmeg

Once a cheater always a cheater. ASK HIS FIRST WIFE AND KIDS...

stef

Why are you ignoring the fact that he's still lying his ass off ...claiming it wasn't the biggest ever doping scandal...claiming he wasn't the ringleader when he was...

namers

Liar liar, jockstrap on fire.

Reagan76

Yeah but he then said he hadnt doped since 2005...I smell bull ****.

Vince

I fail to see how this is important in any way to anyone. It is a sport, a game...people cheat...get over it...and forget him.

FlamingoNut

Lying cheating POS. Ban him from TMZ. F°ck him.

HorrorFreakNJ

It makes me happy knowing that after being such a horrible person in his personal

cooky_doe

Con man will always con.

Lekili

My question is this, what about the law suits you won defending your lies, by all rights you should have to pay back those awards since you lied. You are a disgrace to humanity and arrogant as well. I hope you are striped of everything and used as an example of "what not to be".

sky

Hey! every body knew it. it was like Ricky Martin saying he was gay,

dianne

In the grand scheme of things, who really gives a **** about Oprahbamalama or Lance Armstrong, they really don't matter in real life. Lance rode a bicycle for a living, really he is a nobody and Oprah has run her course, thank God. Hope her channel goes down the tubes.