« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Manti Te'o

Giving First On-Camera Interview to Katie Couric

1/20/2013 2:59 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0120_katie_couric_manti_teo_gettyManti Te'o will finally go on camera to talk about the recent girlfriend hoax controversy ... and Katie Couric is the lucky broadcaster to score the interview.

Te'o spoke to ESPN's Jeremy Schaap on Friday, but not on camera. During that interview, Te'o admitted he handled the Lennay Kekua situation poorly ... but maintained he was in no way involved with the hoax.

The Notre Dame linebacker told Schaap he only realized for sure this past week that he was being duped.

According to ABC News, Couric will sit down with Te'o and his parents, Brian and Ottilia Te'o. The interview will air this Thursday.

0118_TEOING_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

EarlyCuyler

Go Away!!!!!

Ih8Taxes

OK, that does it. I'm going to stay away from TMZ for a week and hope that this idiot story will be over by then. Have a nice week y'all.

braincandy

Sadly if it's true, it's the worst BULLYING ever! If it isn't, lame. Either way, enough. Let it rest.

Goosemon2013

He should have his girlfriend there....crank up the "BREAKING NEWS" gay Harvey.....round 2

Cincinnati Sugar

I am currently secretly making my "frenemy" fatter, she's already well over 200lbs, but, bcuz she has done nothing but give me rude comments, and show all the signs of a fake friend, I have decided to secretly make her FATTER. You may say "oh your terrible for that" but I don't care, she deserves it.

I am tired of all the bs she has given me and I was a VERY good friend to her until NOW. I talk her into dessert, I buy her gift cards to food places, when shopping...I help her pick out ugly clothes while acting like they look great on her. Paybacks are a bitch oh and if you say "karma will get you" then go ahead, because that's what is currently getting her...KARMA for treating me like dirt. She has told me she already has put on more weight (yayyyyyyy its working!!)

Rhonda

Will this PLEASE go away after this interview???

buzz kill

Why give anybody an inteview, so they can all have a good laugh at his expense? This guy was played and he fell for it. I guess he wasn't to embarrased after all.

Vernon P. Alarcon

4. Oh no!!! What if she ax him what newspapers and magazines do he regularly read???
....
I'm sure Harvey was really Manti's online g/f. Dat's why TNZ give so much coverage to dis stupid story...

USA#1

Katie Couric is a sorry excuse for a journalist and a joke just like Manti so they should do well together.

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Katie had her day and even though I am not real fond of her I prefer her style over the gossipy-news style in just about every story these days. That being said, I wonder if she'll soft peddle him or if she'll hit him hard. I still find it hard to believe he never had a moment of doubt in this phantom woman in what... three years and he never laid eyes on her on Skype or a phone pic from right now? He had to know.

tgrfan42069

beat that dead horse.what is he going to say to her in front of a camera that he didnt say to the guy at espn in the audio interview.gotta love the media in this country shoving the same story down your throats.

oleman

Who really cares? Never heard of him before this.....lets keep it that way!!!!

jason

I think we're all over this story already and people are gonna care even less by thursday when it airs. and please change this page so we don't have to see him or Katie's face all day long.

dathan

Manti Te'o got his degree from Notre Dame in Creative Writing....

EarlyCuyler

A Jesus Interview... The "Only" reason I'd watch a Katey Couric interview...