« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Manti Te'o

Giving First On-Camera Interview to Katie Couric

1/20/2013 2:59 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0120_katie_couric_manti_teo_gettyManti Te'o will finally go on camera to talk about the recent girlfriend hoax controversy ... and Katie Couric is the lucky broadcaster to score the interview.

Te'o spoke to ESPN's Jeremy Schaap on Friday, but not on camera. During that interview, Te'o admitted he handled the Lennay Kekua situation poorly ... but maintained he was in no way involved with the hoax.

The Notre Dame linebacker told Schaap he only realized for sure this past week that he was being duped.

According to ABC News, Couric will sit down with Te'o and his parents, Brian and Ottilia Te'o. The interview will air this Thursday.

0118_TEOING_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Deborah

Who the "F" cares? I am so sick of this story. Someone got conned on the internet.... "Not so big story". Good luck Katie, I won't be watching this circus. You all are making this story bigger than "Sandy Elementary". What is wrong with you?

jewelgrl

Over this story...Next!

comicjc

What he should have said is "I am gay". The only reason a big "manly" football player fakes having a girlfriend is because he likes to smoke pole from time to time. This too will eventually come out. You heard it here first. Te'o is a homo!

mya89

What's next... Oprah interviewing this irrelevant poopball player

JesusSaves

I agree...this story is a waste of space!

DangerDani666

Watch Catfish, it's easy to see how desperate people can be so gullible. I don't know why this is so unbelievable,football palyers aren't really known for brains!I think his "friend" that tricked him either wanted to eff with him mentally to stall his careeer or is secretly in love with him.

Deborah

Who gives a chit? With everything else going on in this world. Katie your time is up and what is his face? Your time is up too!

Tmz007

I hope this tool has some deep pockets, cause identity theft pays pretty good nowadays!

Harfy

That just shows you, never trust an Indian !

a long time Leno fan!

zzzzzZZzZzZzzzz.....wake me when the interiew is over. thanks!

Home Skillet

Hey TMZ ... enough with the effin' Manti Te'o stories, please! Christ ... I'd take another Lindsay Lohan's getting outta jail again free stories over this boring sh1t.

Sally

Thank goodness it is Katie and not Oprah,now I can watch the program.

backfire

Our country is falling apart and everyone is suffering...do you think i care about this nitwit who is too old to be so naive or people singing and dancing at the inaugural? What are they partying about....what is so terrific? why do we care about this silly young man?

DOK

www.getfitwithkaren.com

BB not bb

This is the weirdest story that anyone cares. Why did he tell anyone about this in the first place? This is kind of a private matter. Not only that, it is real and happens all the time. Check out this site:

There is a war going on with the *****ian cyber criminals against single Americans. There is no good way to prosecute them after they steal people's money and break their hearts. There are people who try to scam them back instead and cause them financial loss and personal problems.

I don't know why this story is so popular. Is it to promote that MTV show Catfish? To me people who do this are real low lives. On the show, they have people who basically met on facebook instaed of a dating site. I guess that is more personal in a way.

It seems most of the perps on that show are just mentally disturbed in some way. They are not coldblooded just out to take people's money and disappear to the point that some victims are so devestated that there have been suicides.