« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ronaiah Tuiasosopo

House Call

From Celebrity Shrink

1/22/2013 6:33 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

012213_sophy_launch
Ronaiah Tuiasosopo got a visit from a world famous psychiatrist last night ... a guy who's worked with everyone from Michael Jackson to Paris Hilton ... TMZ has learned.

The shrink to the stars is Dr. Charles Sophy -- a high-ranking official with the Los Angeles Dept. of Children and Family Services.

Sophy was involved in the Michael Jackson child molestation case, the Paris Hilton jail saga (when she was suffering from panic attacks) and counseled Taylor Armstrong during her split with her husband.

But last night, Sophy appeared at the Tuiasosopo family home in Palmdale, CA ... and though he wouldn't say why he was there, it's obvious his visit is connected to the drama surrounding the Manti Te'o hoax.

When we asked Dr. Sophy if his visit was in connection to a TV show -- the doc told us, "You know I can't discuss anything."

As for Ronaiah, he has yet to speak to the media about the hoax -- but Manti says he's already called him privately and confessed to everything.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Michelle

First!

The Ghost of John Lennon

If Obama goes longer than five minutes without thanking God, someone at Fox News accuses him of religious warfare. If he hides an egg too prominently, they consider it an insurgent strike against Easter. If he wears pants, the Fox headline reads, "Obama Hiding Paddle Marks Given by Erotic Kenyan Deathgods?" They tell viewers every day how persecuted they are as Christians, but they share the most common religion in a country where you're allowed to worship anything. In fact, the only way a Christian can really suffer in America is by spending hours every day searching news feeds for any scrap of Christian persecution. So I guess from their strange perspective, being a Christian is, in fact, a pain in the ass.

Tim

ma oh man, that cameraman sounded like a pain in the azz.

Seriously

This story is still going?

mebrat24

I think he has lowered himself if he thinks this is a celeb
Ronaiah Tuiasosopo and Taylor Armstrong
Must be a slow day ?

Laura

The guy helped Michael Jackson and Paris Hilton? I don't think that worked out very well. Might want to call someone else.

Liz

Ugh. Now the guy gets to be more famous all because he conned a lot of people. I was hoping that the doc showed up to check on the welfare of the 9-year-old Ronaiah used in his scheme, but I guess that's asking too much.

Lola

Dr. Sophy seems like a decent doctor, but he keeps turning up with Dr. Drew Pinsky and whenever a celebrity is in trouble. That type of celebrity doctoring might be big in LA and in these "reality tv" times we live in, but, frankly, it makes me wonder what his motives are. I guess he's no worse than Pinsky, chasing fame and money.

Jennifer

Dr. Sophy is a bigger sham than Lennay!

AndNoneForGretchenWieners

arrived on Manti Te'os dime. Part of the Notre Dame "Shut your mouth and take the fall payoff package!"

CelebJustice

Just another famewhore

Gretel

Does anyone else see the irony in him calling him on the phone and talking to him? I'll bet he sent an e-mail also.

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

Oh I know this dork, "Dr. Charles," we've been to some conferences together, and he and I had a little bit of a thing in a hotel room once, and....anyway, when he says "you know I can't discuss anything," he's so FULL of it! He and I used to guzzle vodka and make fun of all our pathetic patients, especially that horrible Hilton woman. He would stick his tongue out, cross his eyes, and make the "Cuckoo Cuckoo" noise! You should see what he's saying about this total loser Manti on his FB page ha ha.

Gargamel

Either this guy is jealous or he is in the closet.

Angry Old Man Podcast

I don't think enough little girls are being named Sophy these days. Harvey Levin wears his pants on backwards.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments