« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Manti Te'o

Releases Voicemails

from 'Lennay Kekua'

1/24/2013 9:52 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

012413_teo_voicemails
Manti Te'o has released 3 voicemails he claims he received from "Lennay Kekua" during the hoax -- in which Lennay comes off as a very jealous ... and very emotional person.

The first VM was supposedly left on Manti's phone right before she began her first round of chemotherapy for the fake cancer. During the call, Lennay says, "Just wanted to call you and keep you posted ... I miss you, I love you ... bye."

FYI -- TMZ has confirmed the person doing the voice of Lennay on the voicemails is Ronaiah Tuiasosopo.

0124_ronaiah_article_tmz
Call #2 is a sobbing mess ... in which Lennay accuses Manti of having another girl in his room. Lennay tells Manti, "I don't know why you don't answer your phone ... and I don't care."

She continues, "This is my last time trying ... you made it clear what you want."

Manti claims Call #3 was placed on September 11, 2012 -- the day before she supposedly died.

During the call, Lennay tells Manti, "Hey babe, I’m just calling to say goodnight.  I love you."

She adds, "I know that you’re probably doing homework or you’re with the boys, or grubbing, what a fatty.  I just want to say I love you and goodnight and I’ll be okay tonight, I’ll do my best.  So, yeah, get your rest and I’ll talk to you tomorrow.  I love you so much hun, sweet dreams."

Manti released the voicemails to Katie Couric -- and will discuss them during his sit-down interview on her talk show.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Todd

So Basically this "Lennay" is a flaming *** ?

Sinjin

He's gay. Now they can get married and since gay marriage is the #1 issue for retarded and indoctrinated non-thinking Americans 18-28, the filthy media will be all over the wedding.

Chris

She's saying "you're probably with the boys, or grubbing... What a fatty"... What 20something college girl says "just razzing" LMFAO TMZ.

rlemons

Wow this guy needs mental help no normal person does this. Until I started watching the show Catfish I didn't think Internet dating without meeting was common but apparently it is. I believe he that she was who she said.

TMZFan84

Enough already! I'm over this story!

HngBlkBtm

Can't believe she would do that to Paul. He's been nothing but loving and caring. I wonder who gets the framed wedding dress that's hanging in their home?

HngBlkBtm

Who's gonna break the news about Santa... Oprah?

Ms. Boo

He should have contacted Nev (catfish) saved him some drama.

Tesla_Consulting

That's just the crucible of the whole son of a gun, ain't it.

Rango

The voice on the voice mail sounds like Diana Omera. Where is a speech analyst when you need one. The patterns and tone are exact

Rango

The voice on the voicemail sounds like Diana Omera . Compare the speech patterns, tone and use of words like "um".

judy jetson

Bizarre. I'm sure the lifetime channel already has a movie in the works.

Kola Popoola

''Stranded in Existence"' Trailer-YouTube

Jericho

He's gay but it's okay who cares they probably had phone sex to who knows. He had a 3yr relationship with a Man that's fact does it make him Gay hell yes how do you not know who you're talking to for 3yrs it was a beautiful Gay relationship he just had to hide it. If he says otherwise i wont believe him he already lied his track record is going against him.

Jen

People say, "what difference does it make? " It should make a huge difference to a team deciding if they want to draft him. He is either a liar and a cheat that was in on it the entire time for sympathy. He is just plain stupid and gullible. Imagine a player on the opposing team saying to him "my wife is dying. Will you let me please catch a touchdown pass?Pretty please? " Or the most likely..he is gay. There is a huge amount of money at stake for sports teams. Would they really want to alienate a majority of fans by having a homosexual being the main focus of their team?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments