Tina Turner

Goodbye America

I'm Gonna Be a Swiss Citizen

1/25/2013 10:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0124-tina-turner-swizerland-gettyWilliam Tell may no longer be the most famous Swiss person in history ... 'cause Tina Turner says she's renouncing her U.S. citizenship to become a full-fledged citizen of Switzerland.

Turner -- who was born in Nutbush, Tennessee -- has been living in Zurich since the mid-90s ... and according to multiple reports, she's decided to make Switzerland her permanent home.

According to a local Swiss newspaper, officials in Switzerland have already decided to GRANT Turner's request for citizenship ... and now it's only a matter of time before the move becomes official.

We called Turner's rep for comment -- who told us she was still trying to get in touch with Tina to clarify the situation.

Also ... yeah, William Tell was Swiss. The more you know ...

amyy555

Ohhhhhh naughty naughty tax evader!!!!'' Shes probably in cahoots with our (cough cough)"president" to funnel both of their monies over there. Obuma just wanted the lazy peoples votes..he doesn't want to help support welfare bums. Apparently that's my job.

L

Farewell, Anna Mae Bullock, Nutbush, Tennessee

Jackie

And Diana Ross will be moving to Norway?...Tina will always be the queen of rock....and most of us Europeans prefer Rock over RNB or whatever that crap music.

dommylee

Can't blame her this country is going down the drain with pres osama . Who's next

Michael7307

For me it comes down to, it was THIS country that gave her the chance to have the career she had and to turn her back on it is a slap in the face to every service man or women that has fought and died to give her the freedom she has. Instead of saying I am done and leave, work to make it better. If she is serious about leaving then she should be banned from EVER coming back and that goes for every traitor the leaves.

Lovejac23

Love you Tina! Be happy wherever you live :)

Crystal

Love when people make there fortune in one country and then say they are in "love" with another. I would spit on her work if i didn't respect it so much.

Fiona

I'm Swiss and I have to say Tina did the right thing! Everybody saying she did it bc of the lower taxes that's not true. They're NOT lower here, but America is the only country you have to pay taxes even when you're not living there anymore and that's stupid! She lived in Switzerland for the past 20! Years so why shouldn't she get the Swiss citizenship and stop paying taxes to the US as well?
I think she did the right thing since she wants to stay here forever and not moving back to America!

Douglas

Now that you made all your money in this country. Go hide it all in Swiss land .You should be ashamed of your self .I know America is not and and easy but this is the land of the free and the brave .People have died to keep our country safe. So go to Swiss land you big fat pig .I think Ike beat the smart out of you .SHAME ON YOU !!!!!

Douglas

She made her money here .A lot of people died for this country to have us free .So go away you BIG FAT PIG .i THINK Ike beat the smart out of you .Stop crying just pay your taxws .

lena07

I thought she already did this but ok congrats to her for achieving my dream. Go Tina!!!

CloBird

Dual citizenship is possible; why doesn't Turner try this instead of a complete break?

Miz Val

Hey Tina do what you gotta do. I ain't mad at ya !

niceguyaz

She can live the last two years of her life anywhere she wants, the poor dear...

SummerGreenVirgo