Casey Anthony

I Won't Be Held Back Anymore

1/29/2013 10:07 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0129_casey_anthony_cbs_article_party
Casey Anthony has broken her 7-month silence ... telling CBS 5 in AZ that she's determined to move forward with her life -- and the station insists Casey wasn't paid a single cent for the interview.

The 26-year-old agreed to a phone interview from her Florida home on Friday under the condition that the reporter ONLY ask her about her bankruptcy situation.

"This is the next step towards closure for me," Anthony explained.

Anthony was also asked about a pending lawsuit filed by a woman named Zenaida Gonzalez who claimed Casey had defamed her when she told cops in 2008 that a fake nanny named "Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez" kidnapped her daughter, Caylee.

Gonzalez is suing Anthony for unspecified damages. Anthony told CBS 5 she hoped that case (and two other pending lawsuits against Anthony) would be behind her by now.

"These are the things holding me back," Anthony said. "This is the key for me to move forward."

Casey also gave the station a couple of recent photos -- showing her hanging out with her legal team back in August.

The reporter who got the interview later released a statement ... saying, "TO BE PERFECTLY CLEAR... Anthony and/or her legal team are not, have not and will not be paid or compensated in any way by me or my news organization. Nor have I personally received any financial consideration in relation to this story.”

David

gtfoh! She's aged 20yrs in less than a year. Karma will ruin her life.

lolurdumb

Why would you want to take a pic with a baby killer?? Smh

Laurie

And really Legal Team you are posing with her as if she were a celebrity instead of a murderer. DISGUISTING

Ca2Az

I live in PHX AZ and I will never watch their news cast again. I will let them know that they will lose viewer (me) if they air the interview.

4reallikecomon

SHE HAS THE RIGHT TO LIVE HER LIFE..SHE WAS RULED NOT GUILTY IN THE COURT OF LAW BY A JURY OF HER PEERS...DONT YOU GUYS BELIEVE IN YOUR OWN JUSTICE SYSYEM? SHE COULD HAVE PUT THE KID UP FOR ADOPTION IF SHE DIDNT FEEL SHE HAD WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A PARENT...geez leave her alone.

toohigh310

you know those guys ran a train on that stupid no good piece of fecal matter ass bitch i hope she dropps dead :-)

kankap

The American Justice system is all Jacked up! We have alot of innocent men and woman locked up, and the guilty roam around FREE!! SMH

whocares

Good luck forgetting about the daughter you "lost".

whocares

Do you think she is haunted in her dreams??

alex

Has she forgotten she was the most hated woman in America? Ok, a reminder.... We detest you, casey. Really, really detest you.

3Storms

That whore truely has no remorse for what she's done

franko12

Guess what I would be her body guard in a minute. And I also wish each and everyone of you the same vile death you just wihed upon her. I hope you expire in a most HENOUS way NOW leave Casey Alone. I would take care of her for Life if she would let me!!

Cat

You said it all TMZ in your headline "I won't be held back anymore" I wonder if that is what she said to her daughter as she was killing her!!!!!!

Laura

What a selfish coward! She was let off as "not guilty" & now she thinks that she deserves to have the right to simply 'move on' with her life. Being a mom is that bad, huh? WOW. I have two kids and this whole story makes me want to projectile vomit on both her and her dad, which is another thing: Why wasn't he charged with anything when it was proven that he was the one who dumped the body in the woods?!?! NONE of this make sense!!!!

eric reza

to all the idiots defending her! i got one thing to say...even if she didnt murder her child (which is obvious) but if you're dumb enough to believe her story....Her actions after her child "drowned" is disgusting...who in their right mind doesn't call 911 if you find your child in a pool!..who in their right mind wouuld throw a precious little girl in a garbage bag and throw it out like yesterdays trash!..that alone she needs a good ass whopping and thrown in jail....f u dumb f*%ks for the ones on her side