Judge to Lindsay

You're Feeling Better'

1/30/2013 10:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0130_judge_lindsay_launch

update_bar
9:27 AM PT
-- Heller is currently inside the courthouse and is expected to come out to address the media ... because he can't help himself.

0314_divider_graphic
Judge Stephanie Sautner couldn't help herself during Lindsay Lohan's hearing this AM, quipping, "I'm glad to see you're feeling better" -- referring to the fact that she was almost a no-show because her doctor said she had an upper respiratory infection -- which apparently didn't get in the way of her shopping spree last Saturday.

Lindsay reluctantly told the judge in her criminal case she's down with saying goodbye to longtime lawyer Shawn Holley ... and put her fate in the hands of New York attorney Mark Heller, who arrived to court today with a rabbit's foot on his bag for good luck.

0130_lindsay_lohan_heller_bag_Ramey
A sleepy Lindsay hesitated when Judge Sautner asked if she was comfortable with the change.  Lindsay qualified her answer by telling the judge she was OK with it today, but the judge wanted to know about today and tomorrow ... Lindsay said it was.

Judge Sautner gave Heller permission to rep Lindsay in the lying-to-cops case and Heller then tried to turn on the charm, telling the judge they had a NYC connection since she was once a Big Apple detective.  The judge fired back that flattery would get him nowhere fast.

The judge also laid down the ominous fact -- that Lindsay could be found not guilty in the lying case, and her probation in the jewelry case could still be violated since the standard of proof is lower.

The Judge set March 1 as the next hearing.

FYI -- for whoever cares, Lindsay wore Chanel to court today with Celine shades ... and Louboutins on her feet, obviously.

0130_lindsay_lohan_arrival

YouDontSay

sorry TMZ I am done with this. I knew an extension would happen. enough with giving this tramp time on camera and the media. Stick a fork in me I am done.

IceGypsy

"The Judge set March 1 as the next hearing."

For what? I thought it was all supposed to be sorted out today? What a joke!

Peshi

There seems to have been a bullshiat epidemic in New York, too.

Truth

MAN, IS THIS DUDE A FORMER ATTORNEY FOR THE GAMBINO CRIME FAMILY? WTF?? DUDE IS TOTALLY MAXXED OUT ON COKE OR SOMETHIN... DUDE IS LINDSAY'S GET-IN-JAIL FREE CARD. SAY HI TO OJ, POINT BLANK. #TRUTH!!

janet

You know damn well if it doesn't go her way Lohan will be screaming inadequate counsel.

I just saw how they got turned away from 2 hotels. How funny. Lohan is black listed all over town and not doing any better in NYC.

Keep up those shopping sprees with the IRS watching. Moron.

w

This is in reply to Reinita, I don't think it's working to reply on here, It's not showing up for me so I will also put my comment here too.

Í actually agree with you, This lawyer thing seems like it was forced on her... I don't think she is an unintelligent person, she's socially stupid but she is smart and trust me I am no fan of LiLo, I think she's a troubled girl and needs guidance and I'm not one of those sappy people who look at her like a victim..she truly is a product of her environment and needs some direction..I no longer want her jailed and get zero satisfaction seeing her continue to fail but my goodness why on earth did she pic this lawyer.

Wrestlingmark00

Paid two first class tickets from to la, paid for a expensive hotel , a shopping spree in London. How does she have any money?

judy jetson

Will this drama never end!?!?!?

cooky_doe

Heller's low-budget deal with Lindsay probably includes al the media exposure he can get - hence the news conference.

Dr Samuel Weiscrak

Oh FFS Just shut the live stream down until he's ready to speak already. Nobody wants to watch you idiots standin' round bullsh*tting with nothing to do...

KimKnLohanRSlutbags

Too bad she's not smart enough to know how to tie a knot to hang herself!

Frankenpussy

DAMN! Who is the reporter lady in blue??

SkeletonCrew

Worst episode of 'Punk'd' ever......

21stcent

All the reporters should just leave,except one camera man and let him share the feed. Enough is enough

LISA

Since the judge is retiring March 1/13, WHY didn't she give Lindsay a lecture?? The 'feeling better' comment just wasn't good enough.

Previous 15 Comments | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments