« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ronaiah Tuiasosopo

I'm a Recovering Homosexual

1/31/2013 11:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

013113_ron_dr_phil_gay
The man behind the Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax -- a deeply religious Christian -- told Dr. Phil he believes he suffers from homosexuality ... and desperately needs to "recover" from it.

During his interview, Dr. Phil asked Ronaiah Tuiasosopo straight ... "Are you gay?"

Ronaiah replied, "If you look at this situation and everything that I've been through, I would say yeah I'm gay. But honestly I'm so confused."

Ronaiah -- who admitted he had deeply romantic feelings for Manti -- added, "It takes a lot of courage to recover from homosexuality and this type of thing and coming back to your real life. As hard of a task it is, I'm going to do all I can to live right."

Dr. Phil was blown away by Ronaiah's response, saying, "This is for another time, but I have so much to say to you about what you just said, because a lot of it bothers me so much." He added, "But we will talk about that another time."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

shane-lover

Im a lesbian and ive tried to recover but it didnt work just be yourself!! Accept it.

yepitsme

He's making it sound like being gay is a sickness. How sad is that. I know there are people that don't agree with being gay for one reason or another and that's there right but to say you're "recovering" please.

Nun ja biz

How to recover from being gay? This guy is full of it!

QueenB

He needs to ''RECOVER'' from DUMB,ASSITIS.

KanyeWest

Gay sickness? Is this true?

Cyn

Feel for this guy. Deeply emeshed in his culture, family values, and yes the only religion he has ever known. He must have felt so tormented throughout his life.

Gary

Did that phony fat Dr. Phil correct him and tell him it's not an illness?...since he isn't a licensed Dr. I doubt if he did....besides, it's all about getting dr. Phil attention with this stupid story....why would anybody listen to a fat, many times divorced idiot when it comes to weight or marriage issues?...besides Okrah Winfrey?

Marie

Ronaiah Tuiasosopo was born GAY and he will die GAY. Homosexuality is not a disease so he cannot say he has recovered from it.

cbabyy

This is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard!!! You CAN'T recover from being gay!! either you are or you aren't.. and sometimes you might go both ways.. but the point is if you have an attraction to the same sex its jst not something you can fix or make go away..WHAT HE REALLY NEEDS TO RECOVER FROM IS LYING!!!

VERONICA

A homophobic homosexual
this is like a SNL sketch
gay and confused
recovered homosexual

anony

He needs to move to San Francisco and let it fly.

fargone

So, I wonder if he will be persuing heterosexuality as a recovering heterosexual ally or will he possibly slip off the wagon and declare himself bisexual or convert to beastiality.

GetOverYourself

He should get treatment from Marcus Bachman, Michelle's husband. He used to be gay, but now he is so manly that even the toughest street thug shrinks in terror when he approaches!

Nonsense

This guy is so messed up he makes Lohan look clean and sober... Well, maybe not, but he is seriously a wacko

Caddtsrx3

This dude is so full of ****. Lets move on folks. Sadly he's ruined the poor kids football career time for gag orders and major lawsuit