« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ronaiah Tuiasosopo

I'm a Recovering Homosexual

1/31/2013 11:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

013113_ron_dr_phil_gay
The man behind the Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax -- a deeply religious Christian -- told Dr. Phil he believes he suffers from homosexuality ... and desperately needs to "recover" from it.

During his interview, Dr. Phil asked Ronaiah Tuiasosopo straight ... "Are you gay?"

Ronaiah replied, "If you look at this situation and everything that I've been through, I would say yeah I'm gay. But honestly I'm so confused."

Ronaiah -- who admitted he had deeply romantic feelings for Manti -- added, "It takes a lot of courage to recover from homosexuality and this type of thing and coming back to your real life. As hard of a task it is, I'm going to do all I can to live right."

Dr. Phil was blown away by Ronaiah's response, saying, "This is for another time, but I have so much to say to you about what you just said, because a lot of it bothers me so much." He added, "But we will talk about that another time."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Luckypanda12

You don't recover. It's not a choice. Your an idiot.

IndyMike

This is hilarious! First time I ever heard a gay guy say he needs rehab to be straight again. Ha!

lynkel

Wait, what? Recovering homosexual? I thought you were born that way? This is not like drinking, an recovering acholoic where you go to AA, is there an RHA, Recovering, homosexual annonymus.

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

It never fails to astound me that there are so many complete idiot moron loser a-holes, like this guy, that have no hesitation whatsoever about going on tv and showing the entire world that they are pathetic worthless slobs. This douche also happens to be fat, which is just gross!

Beware of imitations, no one is meaner than me hahaha!!!!!!!!!

Rambova

To me, this appears to be a ploy to make himself the suffering victim in all this. He says he's "been through so much" and is a "deeply religious Christian". No, you're a guy who has lied for 3 years. It's Manti that's been through so much! Quit casting yourself as the victim! You're not.

t_bone

What do you get when you cross a gay samoan and a black guy?

ltate

That sounds wrong on so many different levels. Him for saying it and Dr. Phil for not addressing the comment right then. Dont be ashamed of your sexual oreintation no matter what it is. He should be very ashamed of leading someone on like he did or what ever this mess turns out to be.

jimi

WHAT?????

Trooper Tom

He needs to just shut up,

monique

a recovering homosexual? REALLY! you don't pretend to be a woman online so you can trck a guy into sending dirty bird pictures and watch him jerk off on webcam (which is exactly what i bet happend) then get caught up and say "i'm recovering" NO your dumb ass was just caught, now please just stop talking about this mess and it will eventually go away

Mitzymitzy

Who the **** is this prick anyway?

TEAM LAMMY

Just go away already. This story is exhausting

Cujeaux

They're both such horrible liars. Manti must have given him a nice chunk of change to say he's a homosexual - or 'confused'. He's confused alright.

GeminiDream

He makes no sense!!

Mom of Five

He needs to "recover" from something, obviously, but I don't think being gay is his problem.