John Travolta

No Arbitration in

Cruise Ship Massage Suit

2/4/2013 7:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1203_john_travolta_01

A federal judge cleared the decks for John Travolta's legal battle with a cruise ship employee -- who claims the star exposed himself -- to play out in open court.

On Friday the judge shut down an argument from Travolta's attorneys that his ticket for the 2009 Royal Caribbean cruise liner included an agreement to settle all disputes between a passenger and the company through arbitration.

As TMZ first reported ... cruise ship steward Fabian Zanzi sued Travolta last June -- claiming the actor exposed his penis in his stateroom and forcibly embraced Zanzi after asking him for a neck massage.

In Friday's ruling, the judge basically said there's no evidence Zanzi is bound by the arbitration agreement between Travolta and Royal Caribbean.

The upshot is this could be headed for trial unless a settlement is reached -- which is common in cases where one side wants to avoid a public trial. So, the judge blocking arbitration also effectively drives up the price on a potential settlement ... though we don't know that's happening in this particular case.

Travolta's attorney has called Zanzi's suit a "ludicrous" attempt to grab "15 minutes of fame" -- and believes Travolta will be "completely vindicated in court."

Nvts

"Grease" is the word

Anya

He'll pay to cover this up, too.

KanyeWest

Is travolta gay?

David

Is he gay? That's a shocker. I thought he was a ladies man.

Jay W.

Vinnie is looking like Spock. "Ain't that right Mr. Kot.tail?"

Jackie

I don't care what he's sexuality is...I just wish he could do more movies. luv ya John

Me Too

I don't care what John' s sexuality is at all... I just wish SOMEONE would take ahold of those AWFUL toupees of his and either improve them (TREMENDOUSLY) or encourage him to go bald. Anything would be better than those hideous rugs he puts on his head.

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

i don't know what that thing is on top of his head, but it resembles the doormat on my front stoop.

Tyler

If he was gay, he'd come out. He's just a public nudist wanting to show everybody his penis.

Mav

It's common knowledge he's bi/ gay. Have a friend who is an LMT in Florida and at first he was limited to appointments with female therapist b/c he kept hitting on the guys then he was been banned from certain hotels there because he kept trying the "let me massage the therapist" thing.

nof

Personally I'd like to see John?

Open this up to the public.

So we can see what a loser/liar this masseur is.

John's got creeps coming outta the woodwork.

-they mix 5 percent fact with 95 percent fiction.

all great liars know 2 do this.

right FABIAN?

ohboy

Honestly, I like the guy. I do feel bad for him, because I don't think he is in a good place in his life. Married yet possibly sexually conflicted, then his kid passes away.

However, DON'T PUT YOURSELF IN THOSE SITUATIONS. Whether things happened or not, he shouldn't put himself in a situation where there is a closed door with a stranger, in a towel, in those conditions.

Think before you act man!

rhode

Let's all sue someone for something ridiculous!!!!! Warwick Davis almost ran over my foot on a very small Segway. And he had a passenger with him on it!
You know what?!? I don't give a crap since I get to tell everyone Warwick Davis almost ran over my foot!!!
Who is Warwick? Older people will know him as Wicket in Star Wars. But younger people know him as Professor Flitwick in Harry Potter.

Jacob

'Who's this guy think he's kidding. Just admit it, already.'

—O.J.

Zambonie

"though we don't know that's happening in this particular case"

Well first came the dinosaures and they were all turnd into oil. which is a form a grease

Travolta is a big closeted 'mo
That will do anything to avoid it getting out

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments