Steve Martin

Becomes DAD

... at 67 Years Old

2/13/2013 6:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0213_steve_martin_Article

Steve Martin has fathered his very first child ... at the ripe age of 67-YEARS-OLD ... the actor has confirmed.

The "Pink Panther" star's 41-year-old wife Anne Stringfield gave birth to the kid back in December ... so says the New York Post.

Steve wouldn't be the first celebrity dad to father a kid in his 60s ... Rod Stewart did it (66 years old) ... so did Pablo Picasso (67) and Clint Eastwood (66).

And ... Charlie Chaplin had a kid when he was 73.

Congrats.

0131_daddy_footer

Ashley

I think this is disgusting and is totally child abuse. I am 29 years old and the thought of my parents dying now kills me, I couldnt imagine having to go through that as a teenager when the parents had a choice. Disgusting and I do not think it should be allowed. I think it should be a law,

northern gypsy

well...i've got mixed feelings about this...the child will be loved...however...they will never really know the father in their adult life...imo...thats the most rewarding relationship (parent & adult children)

Marilyn

Not funny!
Poor kid going through life with a dead dad at such a young age.
Predictable mourning..

Emily

That's awesome! Nothing like setting your kid up to lose their parents to old age while your kids still young.

Give me a break!

What a selfish prick. You're 70! He's gonna be 80 going to the kid's little league games, if he still hear. Why would you set a kid up like that to lose a parent at a young age. Selfish prick.

anony

These way-too-old fathers is a trend that has to stop.
He'll be dead before the kid gets out of high school.
Just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should.

Cheryl A.

How would you like having a father 67 years older then you? He is old enough to be a GREAT-Grandfather!!

Rusty Shackleford

Wow, can you imagine having him as a dad? it would be epic.

kid has good gene's too, supposedly Steve has one of those off the charts IQ's

Stephanie

That's awesome! I'm 38 and my hubby is rolling on 88. Congrats Steve.

Fran

His *very* first child? As opposed to his **first** child?

4reallikecomon

Dang....is 49 too old to have a kid?

violetta5

Congrats to Steve! Hope he lives a long life...

tleeg

Congrats but thats just stupid. I guess u can just pay someone to play with your kid like a father is supposed to do.

Sir Paul McCartney

Congratulations Stevie! Im in "Old" me'self. He's a hardcore banjo enthusiast and player as well as i'am. I provided vocals for his last "Bluegrass" album. "Put it there" Stevie!

Snappypac

My dad was 50 my mom was 44. My mom is 88 now and could probably run circles around half of you. I learned how to read when I was two. How many of you "young" parents can say that. Most of you stick your kids I'm front of the TV and that is their babysitter. No wonder they have issues in school. While I was growing up my parents played outside with me, taught me to cook at a young age. My sister is on her 60s and is wonderful. Most young parents don't watch their kids like they should, and are just plain lazy. And you can't wait to kick your kids out of the house when they are 18, so you can finally go out and play because you feel deprived that you couldn't have fun and a young age......