Steve Martin

Becomes DAD

... at 67 Years Old

2/13/2013 6:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0213_steve_martin_Article

Steve Martin has fathered his very first child ... at the ripe age of 67-YEARS-OLD ... the actor has confirmed.

The "Pink Panther" star's 41-year-old wife Anne Stringfield gave birth to the kid back in December ... so says the New York Post.

Steve wouldn't be the first celebrity dad to father a kid in his 60s ... Rod Stewart did it (66 years old) ... so did Pablo Picasso (67) and Clint Eastwood (66).

And ... Charlie Chaplin had a kid when he was 73.

Congrats.

0131_daddy_footer

zanzerbar

Well, when he kicks the bucket, at least his wife can remarry ( and the kid will probably still be a baby ) and he will be able to have a father who may be around awhile.

zanzerbar

When he kicks the bucket, at least his wife can remarry ( kid will still probably still be a baby) and he can have a father that may be around for a while.

Alberto

Why not? It is better late than never. A good father does not have to be young, on the contrary, older fathers are usually more mature, more patient, more secured of themselves, more financially stable. Good for you Steve!! I had my girl when I was 48 and I love it!! ( and she does too)

dale12

Menopause Baby....

soulofanangel

--------------------------------------------------------------------
OLD STEVE MARTIN and OLD DAVID LETTERMAN will be in the Old Folks Home reminding each other of their kids' names....reminding each other "it's time to use the bathroom"......reminding each other of the wives they had.....reminding each other WHY, as SENIOR CITIZENS, their young kids will suffer the loss of their fathers because OLD STEVE MARTIN and OLD DAVID LETTERMAN thought their PLEASURE was MORE IMPORTANT than their GRIEVING Young Children.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Can't wait to read HARRY LETTERMAN'S BOOK probably titled THE OLD MAN AND HIS THING.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Can't wait to read STEVE MARTIN'S SON'S BOOK probably titled THE OLD MAN AND HIS ARROW.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sammwells Pariss

STEVE MARTIN ON THE GO .. JUST DISCORVERD SEX .. AWESOME..!!!.. WHAT NEXT? Positions...

buzz kill

What a selfish S.O.B. Aren't there enough orphans in the world already? This kid will have to grow up with a grandfather instead of a real dad. How many years does he think he has left anyway?

Charles

I congrats Steve Martin. The girl that made a statement is racist. What about Our Constitution? Eh? Who is she to tell anyone how old you have to be to have a Baby?
I am 56 and I am considering have my 3 child.
What you gonna do Girl?
Mozart57

Joe R.

Just because you can father a kid at any age doesn't mean you should....

Iphone5

I grew up with an old father, and trust me, there's nothing cool about it! My father was. 63 when I was 15 and I remember this one time we went in the store and the clerk said "So your spending all your grand pops money heh!?" Lol. Not a good feeling...,

Mrugowsky

Ah, these old, rich white guys insisting on breeding. The kid will grow up to resent him.

Chilltopia

Steve Martin is hilarious and he's rich! Why the hell would his son resent him?

Anonymous

Age ain't nothin but a number Baby!!! lol :-)

Elphaba

Tony Randall did it in his late seventies.

KATHY =( ^-^ )=

Congrats Steve......... Heck everyone. Tony Randall was a first time Dad at 76! So this is not on a shocking level..