« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Oscar Pistorius

Bloody Cricket Bat

Found at Murder Scene

2/17/2013 8:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0217_Oscar-Pistorius_gettyA blood-spattered cricket bat is now the center of the investigation into the shooting death of Oscar Pistorius' model girlfriend ... this according to a newspaper in South Africa.

Cops are unsure if the bat was used by Reeva Steenkamp in self-defense or if Pistorius used it in his attack -- either directly hitting Steenkamp with it or in an effort to break down a door.

The City Press, a paper in South Africa, says that Steenkamp's skull was crushed in addition to the gunshot wounds. The City Press quotes a source as saying, "There was lots of blood on the bat. Forensic tests will show whose blood it was."

It was also reported Sunday that Pistorius' first call following the shooting was not to police, but rather his friend, Justin Divaris, who told The Mirror, "I said to him, ‘What are you talking about? I don’t understand you?’ He then repeated himself, ‘There has been a terrible accident, I shot Reeva.'"

Pistorius is due back in court next week.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Your S&M Girlfriend

It's looking more and more like he wasn't such a hero after all.

Violent Pope

That dude is a POS.

Mike

Wow,

I know this is not court yet but wow. What a sick ****.

gutsygirl

He is a coward.

Jenn

"Forensic tests will show whose blood it was"... I'm going to go ahead and place the safe bet that it belongs to the murdered girl with the crushed skull and not the murderer with no visible injuries.

tgrfan42069

well if this is true this blows his he thought she was an intruder defense out of the water.the thought she was an intruder defense was very plausible but if he cracked her in the head with the bat it means he saw who she was and didnt blindly shoot through a door as he claim

WiddoMouse

Does South Africa have the death penalty?

Lynn M

Innocent until proven guilty. All this speculation is just wrong!

patsfan4life

I hope this guy rots in jail, hero my ass. May she RIP.

LaQuesha

South Africa can be a scurry girl. I knew dis guy from thurr he was insanity! Anywho dis sad and dis fool deserve what he gunn get. Girl

BellaJ

What a psycho! He deserves everything bad that's coming to him

Virtual Insanity

I wonder if this is how they charged him with premeditation. If the skull fracture preceded the shootings, I understand the charge. Either way, I feel terrible for her family. Such a horrible, shocking death.

Plever

Don't know much about testosterone, (although my family accuses me of acting like a man), but maybe this guy is just completely full of roid rage. Just absolute overkill and sickening.

HillbillyHell

His family claims he's absolutely innocent. Sure.....

tilly

My suspicion since the story broke was a roid rage. The man seemed like a nice guy normally so I think some sort of drugs were involved. Pehaps on top of the drugs at normal fight took on new depth to him.
Very sad whatever happened.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments