Matt Lauer

Un-Vailed in Colorado

2/20/2013 12:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0220-matt-lauer-twitter
TMZ now knows where in the world Matt Lauer is ... skiing his face off in Vail.

As we previously reported ... Matt took the week off from "Today" to spend time with his kids ... smack in the middle of a critical sweeps period ... when show ratings = ad money.

The pic shows Matt purchasing a pair of ski boots today at Surefoot in Vail, Colorado.

The salesman tells TMZ, Lauer came in and said, "Gimme the best thing you have for my foot" ... so he obliged.

Coincidentally, the salesman's friend is Matt's ski instructor ... who called Matt a "solid skier."

While Matt plays in the snow, the "Today" show is getting trounced by "Good Morning America" -- on Monday, "GMA" beat "Today" by 800,000 viewers. On Tuesday, nearly a million.

And today should be devastating for "Today" because it's Robin Roberts first day back on "GMA."

In fairness, we're told Matt has taken off in years past at exactly the same time -- when his kids are off from school.

clive

He may want the best thing for his feet, but the best thing for all of america would be for him to be moved to night time. Oh gee, I hope his eating disorder wife and him don't have a snow related accident. What he needs now is a death in the family so he can have sympathy and people will like him again. Now that I've said it, this might happen, but that would be bad. Then again, maybe not.

Zimba

Sales guy is hot.

Davis

What was this a game of find the douche bag or what ? Doesn't matter where you are or where you go Matt. You will always be a douche bag. Wish you could go away forever.

Tina

If I actually watched the Today show this might interest me, but since I can't stand Matt L. I could care less where he is.
Glad to see Robin R. back at GMA, she is an amazing person.

Quinn

Vail is better in the Summer.

john johnson

.......so then it time to give the pUs$y a permenant vacation. he wasn't $#It to begin with.

Sam Sunshine

Who cares! Are we playing where's Waldo? I would rather get water boarded then see this azzhole in the media.

Claire

Well we are getting irresistable snow here in Colorado right now!!!!

Tara

According to this story, the salesman tells TMZ, Lauer came in and said, "Gimme the best thing you have for my foot" ... so he obliged.
So does this mean Matt only bought one boot?

sgm

The Today Show was good when Meredith Viera was on, Samantha is about as exciting as watching paint dry and Matt acts like he is so superior than anyone. Robin Roberts please ABC will milk this as long as they can!

dathan

He is still throwing Ann Curry under the Bus........geez

dan

Today show isn't real news. NBC for that matter are the softest news in TV. Until i see bias across the board. I have no use for the Today and Matt show.. I like being told the truth.

TPF

Who cares where Matt is and if he was missing no one would even look for him. He's stayed way past his 15 minutes of fame and needs to be let go now.

ProudCanuck

I'm not sure why this is surprising or 'news'. Kudos to Matt for putting his family first. The Today show needs a total rehaul, it's the same stuff day after day. Although I liked Savannah as a sub-coanchor before they so rudely dumped Ann, I think they should have given Natalie the spot as I find her much more real and relatable. And I think Willie is more than ready to step in for Matt. I think he would be better used doing their big interviews. They just need to stop rehashing the same segments with different gadgets/recipes/tips and come up with something original. And Al should definitely stay.

pattie

I watched the Today Show religiously until I saw what happened to Ann Curry. Matt was behind what transpired on that show and I doubt it could ever be the same. I watch GMA now.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments