'Liz & Dick' Lawsuit

Allegations of

Epic Scam

2/21/2013 6:02 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0221_lindsay_lohan_liz_and_dick

A producer who is Lindsay Lohan adjacent is accused of scamming an investor out of $110,000 -- the amount the producer claimed was necessary to insure LiLo on "Liz & Dick."

Michael Braun claims in 2012 ... he was approached by a Hollywood producer named Rick Schwartz, who said he was trying to drum up money for the upcoming "Liz & Dick" production.  Braun claims in his lawsuit ... Schwartz told him he needed $110,000 to get an insurance policy for the high-risk actress.

After some discussion, Braun claims he anted up the cash.

Fast forward to completion of the film, when Braun asked Schwartz to repay the loan.  Braun says in the lawsuit it quickly became obvious... Schwartz had scammed him -- that Schwartz had NOTHING to do with the film and he was just out to fleece an unsuspecting rich guy.

Braun says after confronting Schwartz, he got back a measly $36,313.67.  Now he wants the rest, plus punitive damages for alleged fraud.

But we did some checking and it turns out Schwartz does have a Lindsay connection.  Although his credits do not include "Liz & Dick," he did work with Lindsay as a producer on "Machete."  He was also a producer on Lindsay's non-Emmy winning movie, "Labor Pains."

Cricket

So someone benefitted from this project. I thought it a waste. Who knew. Point stands, stop hiring Logan & all will be well.

Cricket

Oops. Lohan.

JennaKennedy

So far not one good thing came from making that movie....

pat

Man, I can't wait for the IRS to lay into her.

I'm praying she gets nailed for TAX EVASION & TAX FRAUD. And that she gets the appropriate time in PRISON.

I kinda hope she is somewhat involved in this scam too. It would be nice to see the FBI come in and arrest her

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Just die

Suzy Q

I see Lindsay's *** print all over this scam!

Suzy Q

Since this is a dead thread and I'm here in Post Apocalyptic Lindsay World, I can do anything I want.

Hmmmmm..........

I'm leaving.

helloooo

Who gives a $h!t !!!

Diamond Goddess!

Wow, the Blohan-grifter force-field around her is so strong that it even pulls in "grifter-adjacents"!!!
(LOLs.)
It's also proof-positivo again that "Er'rybody wants to be in the movies!"
lol