Ben Affleck's Oscar Speech

Can He Recover

... At Home??

2/25/2013 7:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

022513_ben_affleck_oscars_v2_launchBen Affleck could probably use a ladder to get out of that hole he dug himself into at the Oscars last night when he called out the imperfections in his marriage to Jennifer Garner during his "Argo" victory speech.

You could hear the nervous laughter from the crowd when Affleck -- who was racing through his speech -- said, "I want to thank my wife ... for working on our marriage for 10 Christmases."

He continued, "It's good ... it IS work, but it's the best kind of work ... and there's no one I'd rather work with."

We respect his honesty ... and Garner was smiling when the camera cut to her ... but how do you think the comment went over at home, behind closed doors?

We gotta ask ...

TW

Good, now i don't have to see his yearly "I'm a great loving daddy actor: bull**** every year.

mozilla

Nothing wrong with what he said. Marriage, a good marriage, does take work, and they are good at it!

Lola

Well, they've been married ten years, have three kids, and I heard Ben had to take daughter to a spelling bee just before the oscars, because Jennifer was getting dressed, and then she had a basketball game. I've had stuff like that going on when I had big events, too, and just that one day can be memorable for managing to cram all those activities and responsibilities in there. I'm not a liberal fan of these two, but I always give credit when people manage to honor their commitments to each other and stay married, as they promised to do.

altaxena

I dont understand why peolple is so crazy about jenniffer garner, she is over rated , and she isnt no a great actriz and she sint that beautifull just regular girl, what is it so special about they marrige, becouse she takes care of her kids?, that its the normal thing to do, you most do that , as well Ben cos is not only a female job are for both of them

rlemons

Oh gosh really! Leave them alone your reading into it to much. I've been with my husband since I was 13, I'm 33 now that's 20 years. And let me tell you marriage is freaking hard work! I love Ben and I think they are very happy.

Mrugowsky

Argoing.

Geddylea

Relationships are work especially marriage. People that don't know this, should not get married. It's Hollywood so they probably have to work xtra hard too.

NY2012

It was the best moments of the whole show. Kudos to him for being in touch with reality

kitnplayn

Jennifer....why are you continuing to put up with this little boy and his tantrums. Get a real man.

It's Dave

Happy wife; happy life.

whocares

It is WORK.

Darcy

I didn't Think much of Ben Affleck until I heard this speech. He said so much in such a short time. His words actually choked me up. He is certainly someone I highly respect now and guaranteed his wife is extremely proud of him. Awesome guy.

Kardashian Ass

I guess he meant Blake Lively.

Crabby

Marriage and three kids are hard work even if you are actors/directors rich and famous.Jennifer is the CEO of her family and it is hard work for both of them. It is so obvious he was a little bit tipsy......very excited and trying to be funny. He just keeps showing us what he has in terms of talent.I became a fan after Hollywoodland and Extract:)

Patita

Terrible speech by Ben Affleck. Terrible to talk about his marital problems with Jennifer Garner. Is this the same couple who got married on a beacj without the press? Now Affleck is opening up to the media about how much "work" it is to be married to Garner? He must still be in love with Jennifer Lopez.