Seth MacFarlane

I'll NEVER Host

the Oscars Again

2/26/2013 7:43 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0226_seth_macfarlane

Rest easy, prudes ... and Kardashian family ... 'cause "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane says there's "no way" he'll return to the Academy Awards as a host.

MacFarlane's hosting performance has been the subject of some major media scrutiny ... by people who take the awards WAAYYY too seriously ... yet, ratings for the show were reportedly UP this year.

Still, when Seth was asked on Twitter if he would ever return as the host ... he tweeted back, "No way. Lotta fun to have done it, though."

Oh, and in case you forgot the joke he made about the K-Squad ... here's what he said while talking about Ben Affleck in "Argo":

"First time I saw him with all that dark facial hair, I thought 'My god, the Kardashians have finally made the jump to film.'"

C'mon ... that's funny stuff.

0226_oscar_hosts_years_footer

Carol L

I'm 61 yrs old. I watch Family Guy religiously. I haven't watched the Oscar ceremony in years. I watched this year for one reason - Seth MacFarlane. He was brilliant and I was totally entertained. That is the purpose of televising the show, after all. People need to get over themselves and start laughing at what's funny.

fukTMZ

Your An idiot

Michelle Marie

I loved him as the Host!!! Totally enjoyed it : )

LizzieBlueEyes

good.

JusMyOpinion

I say let Kanye West host it. He will cut off every acceptance speech in 30 seconds.

Tito1841

Funny & He can dance!

DaveT

"somebody light a match"

Jack

I'm sure he isn't the one to make that decision as I'm sure the thought of asking him to host again isn't there

adriana

hilarious, very handsome. I enjoy watching him, big Family Guy, Cleveland Show and American Dad fan. loved Ted, hilarious. going to get one of those bears asap.

Pyegow

Bring back some of the old hosts, so the show can suck again!

Pyegow

Best part about Seth hosting was, most of the people in the audience have been made fun of, on his show!...good example is Ben falling in love with J-Lo, cause she loves taco's and burritos!

dierdre

I thought he started off slow, & he was going to suck, but he did turn it around, & I enjoyed the show. I will say this much, the guy is a very talented singer. For me anyway, he did a good job, some of his jokes were funny, others not so. Would I want him back next year? Probably.....

YukonJack

Seth was the best host the Academy Awards has had for quite a few years. Not quite as good as Goldberg, Williams and Crystal but, give him a break they were three people. Get Seth back for next year!

17lucicfan

Seth is great. Anyone that was shocked has obviously NEVER once seen any of his work. Relax...its just comedy

carmen

oh please Seth you where horrible. The reason the ratings where up is because all the movies they had running against each other were actually awesome movies and people actually wanted to see what won. You were muted most the show by our family. Bring back Billy Crystal or Ellen Degeneress. Now there are two real comedians. Seriously.