Bonnie Franklin

Dead at 69

3/1/2013 10:09 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0301-bonnie-franklin-gettyBonnie Franklin -- who starred as Ann Romano on the classic TV show "One Day at a Time" -- died today due to complications from pancreatic cancer. She was 69.

Franklin had announced she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in September 2012.

Franklin had a long career, but was best known for playing the mother to Valerie Bertinelli and Mackenzie Phillips on "One Day at a Time" from 1975-1984.

She was married to playwright Ronald Sossi from 1967 to 1970 and to film producer Marvin Minoff from 1980 until his death in November 2009. She had no children.

0301_bonnie_franklin_footer

TJ

Rest in peace, sweet lady, and thank you for the all the laughs and the wholesome TV entertainment.

fit4ufor3rd

RIP mizz romano.

Lisa

She was a wonderful actress. RIP

There's a problem here

Besides being known for her tv shows she was a Broadway performer too. I think she has a Tony or had a Tony nomination. Pancreatic cancer takes no prisoners. RIP Bonnie Franklin.

kathy

she was a role model for my generation

Lisa

Rest in peace

myopinion

RIP Bonnie!

marian

Bonnie, sorry to see you go...you were my mom in the 70's after my own passed...i let you not only in my living room during those awful years...I let you in my heart.... you made a difference.

Richard

20 years since pancreatic cancer took my dad.
He lived 6 months after his diagnosis. 20 years later it's still a death sentence.

Bill

A sad day for all. You gave a good fight Bonnie. May Jesus comfort you and your family. Truely a sad day

GratefulDedalus

Some forms of pancreatic cancer are treatable if caught early. Others aren't. One problem is not detecting it early enough. That's why so many die a year after they're diagnosed.

hammonator62

So sad to hear of her passing..On Day At A Time was one of the first shows that tackled some tough real life issues..Bonnie was so believable in her performances. Great actress. I am sure she was a great person in real life. Hope she didn't suffer in her last days!! RIP......

Bruce Allen

Nobody could have played Ann Romano better, she owned it. I was so happy to see her do a guest spot with Valerie Bertinelli on her new show "Hot in Cleavland" and I was hoping she would be a regular.

betjane

r.i.p bonnie I LOVED YOUR SHOW

CLINT

Those shows were well written and funny. I was so in love with Valerie Bertinelli back then. Welcome Back Kotter was also one of my favorites. RIP to Bonnie.