Bonnie Franklin

Dead at 69

3/1/2013 10:09 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0301-bonnie-franklin-gettyBonnie Franklin -- who starred as Ann Romano on the classic TV show "One Day at a Time" -- died today due to complications from pancreatic cancer. She was 69.

Franklin had announced she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in September 2012.

Franklin had a long career, but was best known for playing the mother to Valerie Bertinelli and Mackenzie Phillips on "One Day at a Time" from 1975-1984.

She was married to playwright Ronald Sossi from 1967 to 1970 and to film producer Marvin Minoff from 1980 until his death in November 2009. She had no children.

0301_bonnie_franklin_footer

EasilyHard

This is it..

Dianne

so sad, enjoyed her on the B & B, right before she announced her cancer. . . a classy little woman, RIP

undrgrndgirl

no, the battle started long before she was diagnosed...

condolences to family and friends...loved "one day at a time".

Reedjla

R.I.P.

Is it just me or is there a hand growing out of her neck in the top picture. lol

J.Johnson

R.I.P M.S. Romano.......

Gary

I like it. A slideshow for tits stuck in between celebrity deaths. lol

JULIET

will be missed!....petite redhead with a enoumous heart and personality!

BB not bb

She was a feminist role model. One Day at a Time was a very funny and uplifting show. It showed how women can be strong and survive even in the rough times. It didn't over sentimentalize life's problems but showed people working their way through them as women. It was a good antidote to the overly sweet shows that didn't show women as tough and strong but as just pampered pets.

There was something about that show and her interractions with her daughters that just made you feel at peace with what life had to offer you.

Mike

Wow. What a great show One Day was, and Bonnie was great in it. I remember the episode where her character was all bummed because she turned 36, "midlife." Time does fly.

TONY

THANKS FOR ALL THE PLEASURE ON TV....GREW UP WITH YOUR SHOW....YOU WILL BE MISSED...RIP..

Bob R

Always hated that show. She wad always running around the apartment bra less. I don't like feminists and she always looked like she had really bad breath.

mr.howell

I grew up with that great show and she was a great lady,that is the worst type of cancer,sad news,RIP Bonnie..sad day.

queen bee

R.I.P. Bonnie. I am your minime. Love your girlfriend. You showed alot about what a family should be!

Kevin H.

I found her very anoying.

jgc214@aol.com

Very sad, so sorry to hear